Monday, October 12, 2015

WEEK 5 BELLA VISTA (WEEK 7 OF MISSION)

"City Slicker"???
Hello fam and friends!!!!!
Mikey with the AP Elder Madsen, who is Morgan 
Degooyer's cousin, visiting Vonny

This picture was texted to me last night
by the Christophersons, members in their branch,
who had them over for dinner ;)


Another good week in the 479! Bella Vista Arkansas is a whacky whacky place. I am doing well though and working hard!

A cool experience to share from this week came within my own heart. It was Tuesday. My least favorite day of the week. It seems like this day is always slow as everybody is back into their work week and after the Sabbath and then P-day it just is always slow. Well, this Tuesday was worse than usual and Elder Hess and I got cancelled on about 3 times. Free time for me as a missionary drives me crazy inside my head because I feel like I’m wasting my time and I cant handle it. It is extremely hard to door knock too out here because their aren't any neighborhoods. So to door knock you have to drive basically from house to house. Anyways I was being really selfish. I quietly sat in the car as we drove around and I felt a wave of like hopelessness or despair almost, as I submitted to the adversary in selfishly feeling sorry for myself. Upon realizing this I bowed my head in an apologetic plead to my Savior and Heavenly Father to help me out here in the middle of nowhere. Right then I look up and past us drives this investigator named Amber. I wave and put on my fake missionary smile hiding my selfishness behind this grin. As we passed her I noticed she had stopped her car. Elder Hess being a lot more valiant than I was this day, immediately flipped around and talked to her. She wanted us to come by that next Tuesday because she has work off and has missed us way bad and has strong desires to become a member... I almost couldn't believe my ears. With a lot of people who are nice to us but just don't think they need our message, for somebody to say that to us at that time I knew my Heavenly Father is so involved with me and I felt so bad for being such a selfish missionary and I am working on improving my attitude! What a blessing though!!! I can't wait to bring our joyful message to Amber and her family!

Something extremely weird that happened this week, as it seems to every week, was that we got a text one night from Brother Messick our Metfield branch clerk saying that he needed us to come over to "slaughter his chickens" ... Me and Elder Hess soon became giddy like little schoolgirls at this chance to do something neither of us has ever done before. So as my title says if anybody reading this has ever dubbed me as a "City Slicker" just check the photos attached to this email...
(Warning: quite graphic)
He looks a little too happy here! haha
If you can't enlarge the pic - Elder Hess is holding the chicken's head!
I love my mission. I am learning a lot. Something that has become clear to me is that I need to be able to teach more simply. I want to tell everybody the gospel so bad I usually end up babbling on about things and getting off topic. I have been practicing learning simple truths. I love the way our apostles teach so simply and I am like a little baby out here as far as teaching goes, and I really have a lot to work on. It is weird when nobody knows about the gospel as apposed to home where most non-members basically know everything about the gospel haha but I love my mission and love my daily struggles!

Hope all is well back home and I love whoever it is reading this
Elder Green!!!