Monday, October 19, 2015

WEEK 6 BELLA VISTA (WEEK 8 OF MISSION)

"Party in Pea Ridge"


So are we gonna smile or be serious in this one?
Emmaleigh and Mikey in front of her family's chicken coup
Mikey called this, "The chicken killing squad!"
Does Emmaleigh know this???
Mikey and the Goats ;)
Elder Hess trying to keep warm while studying!
Could this be more dangerous!!!

Hello Friends and Family!!!

I had another good week full of stuff that is crazy as usual. I had a lot of special experiences happen this week that impacted me a lot out here.

This past week on Wednesday, elder hess and I were asked to go to mutual and teach about missionary work to the priests of the Metfield branch. We weren't really sure what to expect. We were in a small room with 4 or 5 of the priests and their leader, the atmosphere was not serious and the spirit was not there. I remember how I was at 17 and the lack of interest I had in church related stuff and my heart was beating super hard as I looked at these 17 year olds who were unsure about serving a mission just as I was. I was asked by the leader, Brother Andreason, to share how I came to the decision to serve a mission. In this moment I had such a strong spirit overcome me as I looked around the room with some of the priests on their phones and not really caring about the meeting. So, I spoke up and bore my most powerful testimony I have ever born and as I was speaking my heart was so full. I felt as though when I looked into one specific priest’s eyes who is an athlete at his school, that I was looking into my own 17 year old eyes. I explained in my testimony that I am just like them because of still really only being 18 and new to my mission. And that like a lot of them I was unsure about leaving on my mission, but I realized an important and simple truth that Joseph Smith saw the first vision and so there wasn't really a decision to be made but that this church is the only true church, and that I need to commit my life to that. It really is pretty simple, either the Book of Mormon is true or it isn't. I know that it is though and that's all anybody has to realize to know our church is true. My heart breaks for these young priests and I hope to do all I can to inspire them to get into the mission field. It is the best thing a young man or woman could ever do and I have a testimony that this gospel brings hope and happiness.

Every day I walk into different homes that I could have never imagined before my mission and I never thought I would be in a place like I am. I have such an important and simple message about happiness and it is like nobody in Arkansas knows it. I desire so badly for people to come to our church and be humble and receive this happiness our Lord and Savior has to offer them. It breaks my heart everyday. It is just like Lehi saw in the vision of the tree of life. I feel like the mist of darkness can be so thick and heavy as I stumble over my words trying to tell everybody about how much joy our church will bring them. But I hope so badly to lead people to the Iron Rod and lead them to the tree of life where true and everlasting happiness is found.

I am learning a lot, and a lot of things that you can't learn unless you look into the eyes of people who have had heart break for 40 or more years and still don't know where to find happiness. I am so glad to be here, even though in a lot of weird situations I will find myself thinking "what am I doing out here talking to these people" and what a selfish thing for me to think because there really is no place I need to be more than here. I learn way more every day than I could ever teach. I am loving my mission and know this church is true.


Elder Green

Poor Emmaleigh's chickens!
That's a pretty big smile there Mikey!  Ewwww
I told him to buy some gloves!!!
Warning! Graphic
Pea Ridge High's Homecoming Parade