Monday, January 9, 2017

WEEK 15 SPRINGFIELD (WEEK 72 OF MISSION)

Another year older and whiter too!

hello everybody thank you for the bday love and wishes it means a lot to me and unfortunately we are suuuper rushed today so I will have to be short! 
Mikey's former companion, Elder Lopez, who has been home 
a while was in the area and they got to see each other :)

My new comp is an awesome kid his name is elder durrant he is from bountiful and he went to woods cross he has been out only a couple months but acts like a seasoned vet!
A sweet member sent me these pictures on Mikey's 
birthday last night of him and Elder Durrant making 
shoes for children in Uganda.
Such concentration!  She also sent me a video of them bringing in a birthday cake and singing to Mikey but it wouldn't load onto the blog.  It was so sweet!
We were visited by elder Robbins of the 70 this week in our mission and man did he tell me just what I needed to hear. He talked all about responsibility and how we are in control of our lives. and how all we do as humans is try to have 100% freedom and agency but not 100% accountability and responsibility. I do this sooo often and we made a huge list of things people to do not be responsible for their actions and then he told us that champions never use the list. Champions take responsibility for their lives and that is my new goal to never try to make an excuse even when I might be right and something might not be my fault I can still take responsibility for the outcome. He reminded me a ton of Rick Davis and I love the talk about how our pride gets in the way a lot of the times. Rick would always say to our investigators or people we met with that were having a hard time say with a boss "would you rather be wrong and rich or right and broke?" or if it was with a spouse, "would you rather be wrong and married or right and alone?" haha I really love that kind of stuff so that is something to think about this week. That if you are letting anything get in the way of the spirit or if you havent forgiven somebody the only person you are hurting is yourself and so if we can forgive it will free our hearts for the saviors grace to enter!

Love you all have a great week!

oh yeah investigators are all great.  We have our work cut out for us though since we lost over half our investigators to the other ward.  The refugees are great! 7 came to church last week!
Cutting Pascal's hair.