Monday, January 2, 2017

WEEK 14 SPRINGFIELD (WEEK 71 OF MISSION)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

(insert corny joke about how i haven't done something since last year!)
Hello everybody I hope you had a great holiday season!!!!  Mine was actually less than fantastic, I woke up Friday morning just feeling awful and we aren’t exactly sure what hit both me and Elder Strobel this weekend but all signs point to food poisoning haha. Everything inside of my body just did not want to be inside my body anymore!  I lost about 8 pounds in one weekend!  But I was okay by church on Sunday to go and that ended up being awesome!!!  4 refugees came to church and we heard that one refugee got baptized in the stake just south of us and we are going to have him come up and teach all of our refugee friends how awesome huh!? 

Have you all made new years goals or resolutions?  I have thought a lot about mine actually and have too many so I am still going to narrow it down! 

TRANSFER NEWS: I am going to be serving only in the Hillcrest Ward which means I will be moving apartments because our current apartment is in Hickory Hills!  I am very excited!  I am getting Elder Durrant, (a different one than my companion in Mena).  I know nothing about him besides he is young in the mission.

SAD NEWS:  We got a call yesterday from Ann and Jeannie and their brother was shot and killed this weekend so everybody please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. 

I love you all and appreciate the love and prayers you are always sending me.  I heard a good quote this week that was about having clean hands and a pure heart that having clean hands meant merely repenting and being clean when we mess up; but a pure heart is when we lose all desire to sin.  My goal and what I am working on is losing all disposition to do evil.

I love you all happy New Year!!! 


Elder Green