Tuesday, December 27, 2016

WEEK 13 SPRINGFIELD (WEEK 70 OF MISSION)

Hello Everybody!!!!
 
So fun wonderful to see Mikey's face and hear his laugh!
Aubrey and I thought it would crack Mikey up if we were "twinning."
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! I hope that your Christmas dreams came true!  I know that mine did!  Well I feel like I have told everything after getting the chance to call home yesterday but I do have one very cool story I will share. 

So our recent converts, Ann and Jeanie, that are so good to us and that are just awesome have been working to get their family involved in the church too.  So we have set it up to where they have a Family Home Evening and then we come and share a gospel message and teach the kids to pray and sing and it is always really fun and really good.  This past week we brought the DVD titled, "The Restoration" it is about 20 minutes long and the spirit was very strong as we shared our testimonies that what they just watched in the video is true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God!  Well Sunday Ann's sister and nephew that were at Family Home Evening decided to come to church!  It was so awesome to see them there and to watch their whole family grow in the gospel together!!!

Well, there is so much to say but I don’t have much time today! We had 10 refugees come to church this Sunday!  They didn’t understand much of what was said but to see them there smiling and trying to sing the Christmas songs and to see all the members embrace them was amazing!  I am sure Heavenly Father was pleased to see his children in his house after they have been through so much tribulation.  I am reminded of one of my favorite scriptures from the 7th chapter of Revelations.  I will paraphrase but you should read this chapter some time. 

"These are they who came out of a great tribulation, who have washed their garments clean in the blood of the Lamb...and the Lamb of God is in the midst of them, and he shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

I am so grateful for my Savior and I want to always keep him in the midst or middle of my life.  Like the potter's clay it is about keeping things central that need to be central.  Merry Christmas!  Thank you for everything you all do to reach out for me!

Mungu awabiriki

Elder Green!