Monday, December 5, 2016

WEEK 10 SPRINGFIELD (WEEK 67 OF MISSION)

Well well well hello everybody!!!
 
Merry Christmas...our neighbors went all out this year.

I got to see my #1, Sister Weiner.
(She is the Mission Secretary from Riverton that Mikey loves so much!)
We had another really good week out here!  The weather is starting to cool down and it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! haha  Well let’s see where to begin!

We had a chance to teach this really cool woman named Krystell.  She is the friend of the King family in the Hickory Hills ward and teaching her was cool and I have some pretty high hopes for her.  She is really knowledgeable and just needs the spirit to witness to her that Joseph Smith is a prophet and she will be all set.  We started to teach the restoration and started with the basics (not knowing much about her) and her first comment was like about Oliver Cowdery hahaha.  So we just stopped and were like "how much do you know already?" haha kind of embarrassing but she has been doing a lot of personal study and is awesome!

Kenny also is so awesome.  He is actually Jewish.  He is married to an awesome member named Bailey.  They live in a cool apartment building downtown and it is fun teaching them!  Kenny is basically a member in the terms that he pays tithing and helps with the cub scouts haha but with his Jewish background he is looking for the witness that Jesus is the Christ and that is awesome to teach him!

So, a tender mercy from the Lord this week.  Many of you that are really close to me know that I love the Travel Channel on TV, especially the shows Man vs Food and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern and one time they went to this restaurant and in the restaurant they were throwing rolls around and it looked so good and like a blast.  Well little did I know that it was in Springfield, Missouri and for Ann's (recently baptized) birthday she just wanted to take us there.  I had been so excited and when we walked in we ran into like a tour group from St. George, Utah and we were like celebrities with all of the members running up to us to meet us and Ann and Jeanie how cool is that?  The food was my favorite and the atmosphere is so fun and I can't wait to go back some day haha!  I forgot my camera but Ann took a lot of pics and she put them on FB I think. 

I was studying about God’s foreknowledge in relation to his will, because when people say "that’s just God's will for you" for some reason it bugged me especially when people would say that about trials and it confused me a lot in the scriptures like why would God ever predict pain on people or sadness etc. God being all-knowing couldn’t he stop it etc... Well I read the sweetest and most clarifying thing about this doctrine from Jesus The Christ.  I wish I had it with me to give you the direct quote but I will do my best! "God’s will and his foreknowledge come from his wisdom, and knowing us.  Thus, he can foresee the future as a thing that will surely come to pass, not something that has to happen because he has arbitrarily willed it to be."  Pretty cool huh? Let that sink in haha.

Oh yeah! The refugees are doing great too and their English is becoming a lot better!

I love you all thank you for all the support.


Elder Green