Wednesday, March 15, 2017

WEEK 24 SPRINGFIELD (WEEK 81 OF MISSION)

Hey everybody!!!  I have some sad news.  I have been transferred and have to say goodbye to all my African family haha.  It will be hard and sad but Elder Durrant is staying here and getting Elder King who is awesome and is just coming from being the assistant in our mission.  I am being transferred to Rogers, Arkansas and I am really excited.

This past week was one for the books and probably up there in my favorite moments on my mission.  We had a Swahili translated church this week.  Somebody from Salt Lake City face-timed us and we blew it up onto a big TV and they could communicate with somebody back and forth and they were able to really understand our message for the first time!  However, we only had 25 there this week, I would expect close to 60 this coming week with Elders Durrant and King.
 
Sister Joy from Salt Lake City teaching the refugees in Springfield, Missouri.
In other news Frank (recent convert) blessed the sacrament this past week and Geannie (another recent convert) gave a talk in the same sacrament meeting.  It was truly a special moment for me to see how awesome and prepared these people are that I have had the privilege to teach!  I will forever be grateful for them and saying goodbye will not be easy haha.

I have a busy day but I love you all and would like to share one spiritual thought with you before I go.  I was reading in the book of Revelations yesterday with a woman named, Jayne, and read in Rev. 7: 14-17 one of my favorite scriptures about the temple.  I would just encourage any of you that are reading this that haven’t been to the temple ever or if it has been a while to read that verse and then set up a plan to make it back!  I can promise that the scripture in Revelations will be fulfilled for you. 


Elder Green