Monday, March 27, 2017

WEEK 2 ROGERS (WEEK 83 0F MISSION)

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!

The highlight of this week was obvious!  Mely was baptized and it went awesome!!  We had exchanges with the Springdale ZLs and the Springfield ZLs and it was very good to have them come and help us and show us some things.  We are having a lot of success and seeing the Lord's hand a lot.
 
Mely's Baptism!
Mikey, Elder Henderson, and Elder King.
Mely was baptized this Saturday by Elder King who switched with me in Springfield, and he was the former assistant that found Mely and so that was awesome to get to see him come back and baptize her, and then Sunday she was confirmed by Elder Henderson.  Elder Southward of the Quorum of the 70 was there and spoke with us.  I gave a talk as well this Sunday on receiving personal revelation and that was a little nerve racking in front of Elder Southward haha.  Sunday evening Elder Southward instructed and taught us and our bishops about a new vision the brethren have for our area and it was really cool!  I’m pressed on time today so I will have to get headed but I want to share something I learned this week.

Sometimes we think in life or in school or just wherever that we always need to be heard or seen or recognized.  This week I feel like God taught me that there is something special in being silent and listening to others rather than worrying about the right thing to say back, and I think that we need to make sure we listen with real intent like the Savior would rather than listen with the intent to reply in an educated way or to make ourselves look better or just to give an answer because we know an answer.  But when somebody shares their feelings to just listen and let them know you care.


Love you all have a great week!