Monday, June 26, 2017

WEEK 3 SPRINGDALE (WEEK 96 OF MISSION)

Iokwe! I hope you guys all had a great week!  
 
Mikey in his element with the cute kids at a Kemen.
Our week was super good, my foot has been feeling good and I got to go out this whole week.  Up until yesterday I couldn’t really put on my shoe so I was just wearing a slider like sandal of Elder Smith's haha and so I looked pretty funny.  This little Marshallese girl came up to me one day and told me that my shoe was "broken" haha because they didn’t match.

That slider looks painful too!!!

So as far as investigators go we have a family named Dickson and Grace and then their two sons Titrik and Benjin.  They are going to be baptized in two Saturdays from now! They are some of the most humble and nice people I have ever met.  Dickson has smoked his whole life and then when we taught him the Word of Wisdom he said,  "I’ll quit, when do I need to quit?  You tell me." haha and he has quit and is ready for baptism with his wife and kids! 

We also have a new investigator we found, Kejabubu who is very awesome.  He has wanted to be baptized for a long time now he just has felt guilty because he is living with his girlfriend who is a less active member and they couldn’t afford a wedding because they take care of so many people.  He said that he didn’t have the 60 dollars it took to get a wedding cerificate from the city.  He was very happy when he talked to President Clarence (our Branch President) and set up a wedding for free at the church haha!  He will be baptized soon after their wedding.

This past week we saw many miracles, we have been getting so much help from the ward especially from very faithful youth that can speak both languages very well.  Our Marshallese still struggles but we are seeing some major improvements and it has been so great! 

Something I love about the Marshallese culture is that it is just tradition that whatever you have you share.  No matter what, nobody is left out and so we will see random people all the time that will just invite us in for water or for food or whatever they have.  It is super humbling to see somebody that has very little but still willing to give.  It has softened my heart a lot and has helped change me to be more giving.  Just something to think on... hahaha well I will send some pics from the week!

My foot is doing great I am back to basically full strength and all tests came back negative so I am in the clear hopefully :)


Still doing lots of haircuts. Check out how he had to cut his slipper open on the side to fit his swollen foot!

Love you all