Thursday, June 8, 2017

WEEK 12 ROGERS (WEEK 93 OF MISSION)

Hello everybody!!!!  

So today I might be a little rushed because a lot to do before transfers tomorrow and I will be being transferred!  So I still need to pack haha.
I got this picture off the mission blog.
They are on the bus headed to the temple.

Anyway I will be going to the Springdale Marshallese area to teach the gospel in the Marshallese language!  Pretty exciting, also going to be hard to have to try to learn another language but I will be in a ward that only speaks Marshallese, so if I am going to be able to understand I will have to try to learn quickly.  I will be shotgunning in there with a new missionary who I think has been out 3 months that I have heard nothing but good things about!

Replacing me here in Rogers will be Elder Degooyer!!!  haha I am so glad he is replacing me because he is so great and this area will do so great with him here. 

My last week has been bitter sweet.  I found out Saturday that I would be leaving. However, I am not supposed to leak transfers out just in case President needs to change anything last minute.  But yesterday I got to say a couple of goodbyes and leave my testimony and love with some of my favorite people, Mely, Carl, Erwin, Jackson, and Mai Mai and the rest of their family. 

This Sunday was super cool.  Brother Ikea who is from the island of Chuuk bore his testimony and conversion story that was crazy!  He just moved to our ward from Idaho and he was baptized a year ago in Idaho.  He has studied theology his whole entire life. He was ordained to the Catholic priesthood which meant he lived a single life with no spouse or kids his whole life.  He said that inside he still felt empty however.  He even had traveled to the Holy Land and into the upper room of the temple there and still felt empty and that he still needed truth.  That was until he met sister Ikea who told him to come meet with the missionaries with her.  They were just friends at the time but they were soon married, then they both were baptized along with the rest of their family and are now preparing to be sealed.  Brother Ikea said that the first time he stepped foot in the Mormon church he knew his search for truth was over.  He was excommunicated from the Catholic church that he had worked his whole life to be at the position he had gained. He now works at Tyson with his wife and family in Rogers and they are the happiest group of people.  We are teaching several of the 20 or so people that live in their home including some of his step kids and kids-in-law.  They are very inspiring to me!

I hope you all have a great week!  Sorry the pictures are lacking my camera has been acting funny!


Love, Elder Green