Monday, July 31, 2017

WEEK 8 SPRINGDALE (WEEK 101 OF MISSION)

iokwe iokwe ej et mour? 

I hope everybody had a great week.  We had a lot of fun and success here. One big problem however is that the ward really needs to be strengthened from the inside out.  With everybody in our ward virtually being converts there is a lot of strengthening in our ward to do.

There are over 600 members on our ward roster and about 80 on average.  We have realized that we needed to refocus our efforts.  It has been tough aligning rides for investigators etc.  When really the ward has a lot of people for us to work with already.  A lot of part-member families and with tight knit families all over with a lot of non-members we need to just refocus our efforts on working with ward members more.

The language is still going okay, I feel like I have almost hit a road block but hopefully I will get over the hump and start to have it click.  I can teach the Restoration and the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I have helped with a little translation here and there but I really need a lot more practice.  Elder Wisden is a genius though and is catching up to speed with me very quickly! 

We had a really cool experience this week. We are really wanting to baptize to help inspire the branch etc.  But it has been hard with a lot of marriages and divorces that still need to be finalized with families before they can be baptized.  However, this past week we had two girls move from the Marshall Islands, both who live with active member families and who are ready to be baptized soon!  I am really excited and grateful God answered our prayer!

I love you all.  I am so proud of all my friends that have completed their missions or will shortly!  I would like to especially give a shoutout to my best friend Jared Holman who I owe a lot of me being out here on my mission to, who will return home this week! Love you holmyyyyy 

Love you all I hope you have a great week!

Kojerraman woj