Monday, November 30, 2015

WEEK 12 BELLA VISTA (WEEK 14 OF MISSION)

"Ballin Turkey Week"

hi friends and family!!!!

Since everybody is dying to hear how my Thanksgiving was...it was awesome!!! It can be hard being out here during the holidays especially being a little 18-year-old boy haha but anyway we had dinner at like 2:00 at a member's house and met a lot of nonmembers and had an awesome meal! Then we went to the Sugar Creek ward mission leader's home. He was apparently "A ping pong legend." Unfortunately for him he forgot that the Pea Ridge elders ball at everything. After Elder Hess and I gave him a quick slap to the face both beating him in a series of 3 games, we graciously shook his hand and proceeded to put our pictures on the winners’ board. (He takes pictures of every missionary he plays and puts them on the wall with either a thumbs down or up...I was up of course) Other than that we just visited members and laughed and had an awesome time.
That's the way Mikey! Lean away from the ladies ;)

Thanksgiving Day Ping Pong.
The shirt's untucked -- it's serious!

A few little stories that I feel like sharing from this week: The first coming on a rainy, rainy night when we were trying to contact this kid in Pea Ridge named Israel. We had never met him before but had his address so I knocked on the door only to find Israel not home. I stumbled over my words talking to his dad, Juan, it was a less than successful door knock. I walked away kind of let down and down on myself. When the spirit told me not to get in the car but to knock a few more doors. I stood there in the rain and after my experience at the last door kind of thought, “Why God? It is rainy and cold and late.” But I spoke up and said Elder Hess can we knock that door over there? He was like for sure. So we walked over there and knocked the door. Brandon opened the door, who was like a 20 or so year-old kid, and he was like “Me and my family have been looking for a home church!!!” And I was like no way!!! Here is the address of our church!!! God is so good and will make our weak things become strong :)

We had a super good week and our investigators are progressing! Love you guys hope you have a great week!


Elder GREEN boy