Monday, January 11, 2016

WEEK 18 BELLA VISTA (WEEK 20 OF MISSION)

"LAST WEEK AT THE RIDGE!"

Fam and friends what is up!!!!!!
Cheers to a good transfer!
Opening a Birthday Present. What I wouldn't give to know
what they are laughing so hard about!!!
Man I have such an awesome story for everybody this week. So first things first I have been transferred to TULSA!!!!! I am serving in the Mingo Valley ward in Tulsa and I am so excited!!! However, I also am heartbroken because I will have to leave the land that I love here in Bella Vista which won't be easy. When I got word that I was going to be transferred it was pretty rough on me because I really wanted to see the investigators I had worked so hard on be baptized and now I won't get to see it and just felt bad that I might not have had the success that I selfishly wanted. I think the Lord knew that too. Well so there is a kid here who is 17, who I relate with almost perfectly and he and I will be lifelong friends because of the bond we formed. At church this Sunday his dad came up to me and asked if we could talk for a second so I stepped aside with him. With tears in his eyes this father told me how grateful he was that I came here and could be such a friend and example to his son Jacob. He said that Jacob told him that it seemed like every time I would call or text to ask him to come out to dinner with us or to come knock doors with me, it was when Jacob's friends would ask him to hang out and they are not good influences on him. Every time Jake would come out with us and he really has turned his life around and has plans of a mission here soon. It hit me so hard that I can't just judge myself on how many baptisms I am getting because I may not always know the lives that I touch. The lord knew that I needed that closure and comfort and I was so happy to just realize that for myself.

I think that is true for everybody. A lot of time in life we might be feeling like we are doing our best but not seeing the immediate results that we want. Satan wants that to get us down and to have us get down and feel bad about ourselves. The Lord wants us to press forward continuing to try and be our best. That is something I am working on and just want to share with everybody back home that there is success and happiness in following God’s way of doing things. Learn and grow, help others, and find joy. That is the whole reason we were sent here anyway. 
 
Sporting some of his Birthday Gear

Elder Lopez reached his one and a half year mark!

Love you all have a great week! 
#BallinOnABudget

Elder $wag me out Green