Monday, January 4, 2016

WEEK 17 BELLA VISTA (WEEK 19 OF MISSION)

"MEEK'S Dark Year"

Friends and Fam!!!!

Keep old Michael Green in your prayers as I enter the dark year.... haha that’s what missionaries call the year that you won't be home at all. 2016 I will spend the whole year serving the Lord! Pretty cool and I am excited. 

A cool story from the week came on New Year’s Eve!!!!!
Me and Elder Lopez had a fun night planned with some really cool members to eat dinner and play some games and just have a fun holiday. While on our way there that evening a less active and mother of one of our investigators called. Her name is Burnadette and she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and she went into surgery on New Year’s Eve. She called us that night after surgery and needed a blessing. It was so cool to get to like be walking in a hospital with my nametag and full suit on up the elevators to give her a blessing. It softened my heart for sure as she thanked us with tears in her eyes after we gave her the blessing of comfort. I love the things I get to do on my mission that I would never get to do if I hadn't come out here! 

This week because of flooding, most of our outlets in the house got ruined. This wouldn’t have been a big deal besides the fact that all of our heaters have to be plugged in. haha I really have grown to appreciate like all the nice things I took for granted back home and it was definitely a little bit of a colder week in the crib haha but we are getting things worked out!

Love you all hope you have a great week!!!


Elder Swag