Monday, January 25, 2016

WEEK 2 TULSA (WEEK 22 OF MISSION)

MIIIIIRRAAACCLLLEEE WEEK (no he didn't get his bike back)

HEY FRIENDS AND FAM 

I hope this week was good for all of you!!!! I have some awesome things to talk about today. So in my mission so far I have not ever seen somebody get baptized that I was a part of their conversion. Which I know missionary work isn't all about that, but the rejection can be quite discouraging. 

So this week we had dinner at some members' and their daughter's boyfriend was going to be there who has been investigating the church. We ate dinner and he was such a cool kid he is around 20 years old and has had a tougher life but has seen the happiness the gospel has brought his girlfriend so he has been reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. As he was talking I felt prompted to ask him to be baptized. The spirit was so strong in the room at the time and I have to admit I was sort of bracing myself for the rejection I have heard many times before when I asked the question. So when the word came out ABSOLUTELY from his mouth I didn't even know what to say back hahahaha I just looked at my companion and he took it from there. To be honest I had to fight back tears as they discussed the date and everything. It has been a lot of rejection and to finally hear those words was sooooo nice. I am super excited for him.

This week we also set a baptismal date for LaDonna and a girl named Ashlynn!!! What an awesome week and the Lord is showing me that even though our bikes were stolen and it was freezing cold our work will be rewarded when we trust in the Lord. As we were teaching Ashlynn she had a lot of family there because she is only ten years old and when we were talking to her family getting to know them they told me they used to live in Utah and I said oh yeah? where at? and when the reply came VERNAL I could not believe it hahahahaha I was freaking out and told them about my mom being from there and they were all like yup Loran's Fish and Supply sign we know right where that is next to the Dinosaur Museum haha so mama don't cry because I almost did, and then about 30 minutes later Ashlynn the daughter decided to be baptized! Such a tender mercy in my heart and made me feel like the Lord is looking out for me and I just couldn’t believe this week!!! 

Don’t complicate your lives back home! God's whole purpose in putting us here is so that we could have joy, so if you aren’t smiling and laughing and having fun what are you doing? haha Try to reach out and lift somebody else up, that is the easiest way to find happiness is by forgetting about yourself. 

Love Elder $wag