Monday, February 1, 2016

WEEK 3 TULSA (WEEK 23 OF MISSION)

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

What is up my fam and friends

When basketball with the investigators gets
ruined by a Daddy/Daughter Valentine's Dance!

Mikey said, "Thinking about my Valentine.....Bball"
I am sorry the system was down last week and so I couldn't reply to your emails but thank you for all the love and support from back home!!!! This week was pretty wild!!!!

So first off I am super excited about this upcoming week!!! We have two baptisms this week on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is a 20-year-old named Whitney, who has been investigating the church for a couple months and already has 10 times the powerful testimony than I have haha he is awesome and that is Saturday. Elder Nau, being the amazing missionary he is, actually has to go back to his old area, Mena Arkansas, Saturday morning to baptize one of the people he taught there before he got transfered so Saturday is going to be wild. Sunday I am sure will be the most amazing day of my life so far.  Ashlynn, who is our 9-year-old convert doesn't have a priesthood holder in her family so she has asked me to baptize her and I am so excited for her and her family as they all were at church and getting back into being active and it was all lead by a sweet little 9-year-old!!! It is awesome.

Ladonna also has a baptismal date and we will be working with her for it the end of Febuary and she is doing awesome and we actually have another baptism too coming up for a girl named Willow. The work is awesome out here and I am learning so much!!! The members are so involved and it is so awesome to see the blessings. A couple weeks ago when our bikes got stolen I felt super helpless as we walked in freeeeezzzing temperatures that next day. As we were walking our phone starting getting blown up by all the members offering us rides, food, etc. I love Mingo Valley so much.
 
Mikey and Jomarion and friends
A funny/not so funny scary thing that happened this week was that we were teaching Ashlynn the lesson about the commandments at Jack in the Box. Just as we finished up an awesome lesson with her and planned the baptism, there was a stir behind us in the store. Somebody had pulled a gun on one of the workers at Jack in the Box haha so everybody is like freaking out and going nuts and I am like shielding the three kids from Ashlynn's family that were there and like walked them to the door and they ran out to their car and left haha. Elder Nau was in the bathroom and missed like it all haha it was so nutz but nobody was even hurt and the guy with the gun left and it all was okay haha pretty crazy though. 


Love you all have a great week