Monday, February 29, 2016

WEEK 7 TULSA (WEEK 27 OF MISSION)

"Real G's move in silence like lasagna"

Hey friends and family!!! Young Elder Green coming atcha live 
 
Picture from week before last at Mission Conference with some familiar faces,
Landon Munson and Morgan Degooyer
Man what a week what a week!!! 

First things first we baptized La'Asia on Saturday, it went great! Elder Nau performed the baptism and I got to speak on baptism it was really cool and fun!!! We had 6 of our investigators come to the baptism too and they all want to be baptized and they came to church the next day and me and Elder Nau are really excited for all of that!!! The work is improving a lot as of lately. 
Waiting for the font to fill is the best feeling!
Everybody all geared up for the big day!
Ice cream with some investigators after the baptism
with Sister Cardenas, Melanie, Thomas, and Diana.
Last night we went to the hospital to see a lady who will be baptized here in March. Her name is Carmel. We went with one of our friends Alec who is like 17 or 18, and so we went up there and we had planned on teaching her about the restoration and the Book of Mormon etc. We got into her hospital room and we told her what we were going to teach her about. Then she said, "Honeys ya’ll can teach me but I will not remember any of it tomorrow because I cannot even see straight!" hahaha so we did not teach her but instead just got her some food and sat down and laughed and she was telling us how much she loved us. I don’t know why but that moment just meant a lot to me and touched my heart a lot just to know that we don’t always have to be trying to teach the gospel and slam it down people’s throats. The best way into somebody's heart is with love and I just really enjoyed that. 
 
Stirring up some Dinner at the Cramers'

I have to tell everybody that I really love you all! Missions are not always the easiest thing to be doing and I love my support and I am so grateful for everybody. Especially my mama! Everybody knows how awesome my mom is of course. But we were having a little question and answer with the youth this week that are preparing for missions and they asked us if we missed home or like what do we miss. I said, "Ya know you are gonna miss a lot of things but I would suggest just really loving and appreciating your parents, especially your mom." You never realize how nice you have it until you are having to take care of yourself and learn to do things on your own. I would suggest every one of you to take the extra second to tell the people you have in your life that you love them. I know I love my family a whole bunch and miss them and I know Heavenly Father placed us with people on this earth for a specific reason. This earth would not be much fun if we didn’t have people we loved to share it with. I love my mom! Thank you for everything mom.

Have a great week

Elder Green :P