Monday, March 7, 2016

WEEK 8 TULSA (WEEK 28 OF MISSION)

"Green Jell-O Party!"
Green Jell-O Party with some of their investigators.
A member texted me this pic and made my day!!!
Hello friends and family!!!!!!!!!

I hope you all are doing well :) 

My week was super good. We are having a lot of success and have found a lot of new investigators and I swear we like are just so blessed. We keep just happening upon people that need the gospel in their lives or that are searching for something in their lives. 

This week the ward threw a "Green Jell-o Party" and we thought why not try to get our investigators to come? So we invited them the day before and told them that we were gonna be picking them up the next day with some members. We pulled up expecting the usual "we can’t go" excuse haha but when we pulled up they all were there and ready to go and super excited and we went and it was the most awesome night ever haha with lots of bomb food. There was a jello eating contest at the end and yes I entered and I took like third haha couldn’t slurp fast enough. But we have this one investigator named Tim who will be baptized soon and he won the contest and was sooo happy I felt like a proud father haha he won and pumped his fists into the air and me and Elder Nau swarmed him with hugs lol it was pretty sweet haha but that was such a cool experience. We taught a massive lesson on the Restoration after the party with like 12 people sitting in!!! 
 
Mikey with Kevin.

Mikey with Melanie and Shayla.

Mikey with Silvia, Kevin and Elder Nau.
After all of that none of them came to church the next day... I didn’t understand. I had been fasting and praying that their would be a miracle and they all would be excited about church... I was mad at the Lord in a way thinking selfishly to myself, "I did my part and fasted and prayed and showed my faith, now where are the blessings?" Very selfish thinking huh? I find it as no coincidence that the lesson that day in gospel principles was on prayer. Brother Swenson in our ward said something that stuck with me he said something along the lines of, "If we truly love our heavenly father we will be just as grateful for the yes answers to our prayers as the no answers." Sometimes in life we don’t get what we think we need and to be honest I don’t completely understand it. But I do know that the person answering knows better than me and I am so glad that all of our investigators bailed so that I could learn a lesson and become a better teacher and student of the Lord!

I love you all! I love my family and I am so grateful for all of the love! Thank you for the packages and letters you will never know how much they mean!  My mom's package with the scriptures and everything was such a relief and I love them so much! Thank you mom!!! 

"We are all enlisted til the conflict is o'er, happy are we":) I love this song so much. 

Everybody keep Mikey Burnett in your prayers. He is in our ward and needs some help right now.

Love you all #StayCute


Elder Meek Meek