Monday, March 21, 2016

WEEK 10 TULSA (WEEK 30 OF MISSION)

"Not tonight, Not tonight"

Hey family and friends!!!!! 

Man what a week what a week haha.  Sooo we will start with the sad.

So Saturday when we pulled up to pick up Tim and the family for the baptisms. They weren’t home. We looked everywhere for them and then as me and Elder Nau sat in front of the font quite sad and defeated, we got a call from their aunt and she yelled at us and told us that she doesn’t want us talking to her family... So back to square one, haha and to add insult to injury somebody still had to pull the plug in the font hahaha so I was trying to pull it out with a long stick and slipped and stepped into the water and soaked my shoe lol.

The good: The good definitely outweighed getting stood up at the font this week haha and after the whole non-baptism fiasco we went to the wedding of our recent convert Whitney.  I sloshed around the wedding with one soaked left shoe haha. Kind of weird being at a wedding as a missionary. But I felt so proud to see Whitney and Meaghan get married in the church and have their eyes set to the temple and just it was so cool to see them and Whitney is really one of the coolest and most humble and awesome people I have ever met. I love him and that was so cool!!!
 
The Happy Couple!
Another awesome cool thing was our good friend out here and partner in crime, Sam, gave his mission farewell talk. Weird to be a missionary listening to his talk haha I was just thinking to myself, “Oh how you have no idea what you’re about to get into Sam.” hahaha but it is all so much fun!!! 
 
Elder Nau, Sam with a Sour Patch Lei & Mikey
I zoomed in on Mikey's and Sam's shoes in the picture.  Sam's are all shiney and ready to go and Mikey's are a little worn after six months ;)
Carmel (the lady who has been in the hospital receiving dialysis) will be baptized this Saturday, which is awesome.  Also Freddy will be baptized soon. He is the kid that saved his dad’s life in the shooting the other week haha he is so awesome. His dad calls him Super Fred!!! I love them!!!

Everything is super good. I have been studying a ton of the Pearl of Great price lately and my love for the Plan of Salvation is growing a ton. We are so blessed to have the peace of mind of knowing about our purpose and where we are going after this life etc. I can't imagine thinking that all this life is is just earth and then that’s it!  I am so grateful to have all the knowledge I do! I just want to tell everybody. I love my family so much! I have the greatest family. It really hits you hard when like nobody out here has any love in their lives. I appreciate my mama so much more now and everybody should take the time to appreciate those around them.

Love you all!!!


Elder MEEK