Monday, February 22, 2016

WEEK 6 TULSA (WEEK 26 OF MISSION)

"MEEK STAYS IN MINGO"

ayy family and frienddddddssss

Another week out here in the valley of Mingo went great! My bag is lost for good and I have just had to accept it haha pretty lame of the people. There wasn’t even anything worth money lol just my patriarchal blessing and scriptures and camera. But thank you for the prayers!!! Transfer calls were this week and our entire zone is staying the same basically besides they are replacing Tulsa YSA with sisters but me and Elder Nau are staying.

I realized that satan really attacks you when you start to have success and are working hard because he feels threatened. It’s in times of success and happiness when if we can humble ourselves to stay close to the Lord we will have an awesome cycle of learning and growth without having to be humbled. "Blessed are they that humble themselves without being compelled to be humble."  I dont like being compelled to be humbled by the Lord haha.

This week was super cool though. Elder D. Todd Christofferson visited our area and spoke to the youth and also to our mission and the Oklahoma City Mission. So crazy to get to hug an apostle of the Lord and also I got to see my long lost friends Landon Munson and Abii Liddell serving in the Oklahoma City Mission. Haha it was so weird for me when they like walked through the doors it felt like a dream to see a familiar face. They are both doing so great and it was a real lift to my spirits to see them.

Our investigators are doing well and we continue to have a lot of success finding people! La'Asia didn’t get baptized because the building was being used because an apostle was here. She will be baptized next Saturday by Elder Nau though! So exciting. A cool experience I had was teaching this lady named Ladonna. She let us in her house one day after she requested a bible online. She was extremely scared and not very sure about Mormons etc. But when we opened up and told her that we leave our families etc. just to bring the gospel to her she started to tear up and she looked at me and she was like "So did ya’ll graduate college and stuff then?" and I was like no I’m 19 she lost it crying and now she calls us her babies lol and I predict she will be baptized soon! I love getting to change so many peoples’ lives!

A quick thought for you all that I learned from Elder Christofferson. Our whole purpose in coming to earth was to repent. Repent meaning to become closer to how Christ lives, I know that whoever is reading this isn’t perfect, haha none of us are so in the words of Elder Cristofferson "REPENT" haha change! Become better. Become more like our Father in Heaven. If we aren’t doing that then why did we ever even leave the pre-mortal existence.

I am now working on daily repentance haha love you all


Elder Green