Tuesday, February 16, 2016

WEEK 5 TULSA (WEEK 25 OF MISSION)

Hey family and friends I hope you all had a gucci week
Back at the tidy apartment
I had another crazy week and it was super busy. Something that is just on my mind still because to be honest, it really has been hard for me to swallow, was that my shoulder bag was taken. I lost my scriptures, camera, ipod, baptismal records, super important notes that meant a lot to me etc. So if everybody could please say a prayer when they read this I would appreciate it a ton. I have been fasting for a miracle but I think the Lord wants me to learn something from this experience.

Anyway enough about that dumb stuff this week was soo cool!!! We have a lot of baptisms coming up like around 7 or 8. We set a date with an awesome little nine-year-old girl named La'asia. She is super sweet and smart and Elder Nau will be baptizing her sometime this week!

We also set a baptismal date for the 27th for these kids Timothy, Thomas, Melanie and Diana. They all accepted the gospel so well. They are such awesome kids and I can’t wait to watch the gospel bless their lives. Everybody pray for their mom to be open to the gospel.

A cool thing I learned this week actually came during a super sketchy visit. We talked to these kids at Walmart one day and they invited us to come and share our beliefs with them. So we went and pulled up to their church, which was really just a house, and when we walked in all these like 20 to 24-year-old kids were there and they all were super nice and we talked for a second until we were lead to like this back room where we walked in and they closed the door behind us and there were just two chairs sitting there and then their "high priest" came out turned on this music and after about 2 hours of bible bashing in which they wouldn’t let us leave, I learned something super important.  You can't prove the Spirit to somebody. Everybody knows when they feel it and the Spirit will never be there when you turn to the arm of the flesh. I want everybody back home to remember that when they have doubts or hard times never to turn to the arm of the flesh but to turn to God. That is the only place we can find peace and happiness.

Love you all you are all in my prayers. Please pray for me to have a miracle!

Elder Meek