Monday, December 28, 2015

WEEK 16 BELLA VISTA (WEEK 18 OF MISSION)

Friends and fammmmmm!! I hope you all had an awesome time and a good Christmas!!! I had a pretty crazy week and simply had a wonderful Christmas time!
All-Mission Christmas Party!
So many missionaries all together!
There are around 200 in his mission.

A little toast to celebrate Christmas Eve with the boiis
(Dr. Pepper)

Diving into a little hot cocoa.
Mug and beanie provided by besties Anna and C Livi
Skype! So great to see him talking and laughing

Christmas Dinner at the Hansens.
Not sure what the crowns are for and Mikey
said he didn't know either, haha!
We got ourselves into some pretty weird situations this week. As we always seem to haha so me and Elder Lopez on Saturday didn't have anything scheduled because, well everybody was doing family stuff still. So we decided we were still going to show the Lord we cared. So we went out to door knock for the whole day!!! We had some success which I will tell you about in my spiritual section. However, while we were door knocking the weather took a turn for the worst. The rain came down like I had never seen before. But we didn't stop we just kept knocking. After a little while we started to notice that like nobody was answering or even being outside. Finally, somebody answered and was like what are you guys doing? We are under a tornado watch! hahaha and me and Elder Lopez didn't even know because our phone is so crappy! So we drove to Walmart and had to hang there for a while. haha later that night we had to help somebody move in during the craziest rainstorm I have ever seen!!! My mom has a picture of us haha it was sooo much fun actually.  However, like all of Bella Vista is flooded and it is pretty rough.
Moving Sister Christofferson during Tornado Warning!
Mikey & Elder Lopez had to rescue the other
two elders after their car slid off the road!
A super cool spiritual experience we had while we were having this rough door knocking day. I was getting pretty down on myself. Talking with the fam and then having to come back to kind of the harsh reality of door knocking for hours was not doing too well and I was being super selfish in my mind. Thinking like why does this have to be so hard? Why do I have to do this? I want to be home with my family! Then, the words of our prophet rang in my ears, "Why should it be easy for you, when it was never easy for our perfect Savior." I picked myself up and started to look outward and care about others. Immediately the day turned around. We had investigators show up to church the next day (where I spoke in both sacraments ;)  haha but man sacrifice really brings forth the blessings of heaven. 

Have an awesome New Years!!! Bring on 2k16 and Meek now enters "His Dark year" haha the only year I will not be home at all haha keep me in your prayers please haha love you all!


Ya boi Elder Green