Monday, September 12, 2016

WEEK 16 MENA (WEEK 55 OF MISSION)

Well it was another eventful week out here in Arkansas!

lemme think and remember what we even did haha!!!

The biggest miracle this week is easy.  We have been working so hard to find investigators and just anybody that will listen and heed our message.  Well we were working so hard and knocking doors and really on the search.  Well still nothing.  I mean we were praying and riding our bikes and just nothing would come.  Well there are these 2 girls, Avery and Haley, and they are the best friends of a girl in the ward, Milia (Brandon's sister) and these two girls are completely ready to be taught and baptized and everything.  But because they are minors we needed a permission slip and both of their families would not let them.  Well on Thursday night of this past week both of their parents signed the papers and they can now be taught and baptized!!!!  I know that if we hadn’t shown the faith to go knock doors and show Heavenly Father how much we care about the work, that softening those parents’ hearts would have been much harder.  Faith is an enabling power!

Something super fun we got to do this week was on Wednesday night we went to youth activity and taught a lesson to all the youth (which is very small haha) but after that we played in those bubble ball things haha.  The balls you get in the middle of and then smack each other with? haha  It was the most fun thing ever and if you can imagine me and Elder Doman in our shirts and ties sweaty in these bubble balls wrecking 15 year olds!  That was our Wednesday night.  It was really good to be with the ward though!  That night we also lost the car keys and it was very crazy.  We finally found them at one of the youth’s house haha he had taken them by accident.

This week my main man Brandon Sibbett left for Utah and enters the MTC next Wednesday!  I love that guy.  He was such a help and example to everybody out here and he is going to kill his mission out in Australia with Walbeck!

This week we also ran into a guy named Tyler.  We were talking with him and he said he was visiting a lot of churches right now and that he would visit ours but he wanted us to come with him to his church tonight, which we agreed to because our plans were open.  In our conversation with this man he said that we were just lying about not having multiple wives anymore and that "yall just greedy tryna keep all them wives for yourselves" hahahahhahaa but anyways we went to his church and it was different but okay.  After the sermon their pastor trapped us and wouldn’t let us leave until he convinced us of our being brainwashed and deceived... Classic, we had to call the Zone Leaders because the guy kept us until around midnight!  Insane huh? haha 

This past week has been a rough one as far as my fight against the bugs out here.  I cursed myself a couple weeks ago when I claimed, "I have never had a tick or a flea!" This past week every morning I pulled at least 2 or 3 from the crevices of my body! Disgusting huh?  I hope I don’t have lime disease because that’s what everybody says to be careful of haha.

This weekend was Stake Conference and so we stayed up in Fort Smith the entire weekend for all the sessions and Elder Kapishka of the Quorum of the 70 was here and it was so awesome!!!!  He talked a lot about honoring our wives etc.  Which was not easy for me to relate to haha but I picked up a lot of awesome things from it still. One of my favorite being that the Book of Mormon is not just a history of the ancient Americas as we so often describe it to people.  The Book of Mormon is soo much more than that.  It is a record of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and it proves his divinity and his existence in the Bible!!!!

I love my mission.  Thank you for all the love and support!!!  I hate the Utes and I can not wait to see the Utes next year in LES hahahaha love you all have a great week.


Sincerely, yours truly, Elder GR33N