Monday, September 19, 2016

WEEK 17 MENA (WEEK 56 OF MISSION)

Hello there family and friends!

This week was a little bit of a crazy week! Our district is doing so awesome! Man I am so proud. However, because of the awesomeness of them that requires a lot of driving for us hahaha A LOT.  This week I did 3 baptismal interviews and it required easily over 10 hours of driving.  Since I can’t drive it really is a lot on Elder Doman's shoulders.  I feel terrible every time we have to make another long drive and Elder Doman is so awesome about driving so much.  He is a trooper for sure.  This upcoming week looks to be no different either.  With many more baptisms coming up I know I will at least make another 4 hour round trip.  On the way back from one of these adventures to a city called Gore, Oklahoma we stopped by in Greenwood.  They were having a barbeque and games etc. for all the investigators and recent converts and members of our stake. Unfortunately, nobody from Mena could make it because of the distance.  But because of our travels I know all the investigators from the other areas and it was awesome getting to see them :)  Also there was a zipline there and my best friend Elder Hess so that was a great day haha.
Greenwood Barbecue with Hess Daddy.
 While driving home Sunday morning we ran into what might have been a tornado to be honest. I could see the signs with the sky looking a little purple and some funnel clouds forming.  It was a wild drive but we made it home safely!  Once again Doman is the best for driving through all that haha.

This week as far as the work goes in Mena things were tough.  I feel bad for Elder Doman starting his mission off in the hardest area.  However, we are not letting the difficulty of the area get in the way of the things we can control.  We knock a lot of doors and teach a ton of people.  I need to work on getting people to accept commitments because it seems as though we try so hard and teach a lot but there’s that darn agency that people have haha.  This Sunday was killer.  We went to wake up all of our investigators that we had just barely seen the night before and had awesome tear jerking lessons with... Only to get ignored, slept in on, and screamed at to go away haha. I’ll tell ya what, we are resilient though. 

I hate to seem dreary in this letter because I really am not!  I am in a very good mood and my spirits are high!  They used to say that the Fort Smith zone and especially our district is "dead" and now we are some of the best areas in the mission and I could not be more excited about that.  There is no such thing as a dead area and I know Mena has people out there too and we will find them when the Lord see's fit.

Also let’s not forget we have Avery and Haley that are such awesome and prepared girls to hear and accept the gospel.  I hope they get baptized before I get transferred! 

Also due to the storm the lights and PA system were out at church on Sunday haha it was funny to only have emergency lights and no microphone.  I guess that’s the blessing of the smallest branch in the mission is you don’t have to speak very loudly for all to hear :) 

Love you all.  I was going to include a spiritual thought but this is already long so I will just leave one of my new favorite quotes from Elder Kapishke of the Quorum of the 70 when he was asked, “How do we balance our busy lives?”  He answered, it is simple when you run, you run; when you walk, you walk; when you lie, you lie; and when you sit, you sit. 

Live in the moment!  Remember the most common phrase in the Book of Mormon, "and it came to pass" all things in life will come to pass so cherish the moment!


Love Elder Green