Monday, October 10, 2016

WEEK 2 SPRINGFIELD (WEEK 59 OF MISSION)

"I WOULD FOLLOW NOAH, BUT PROBABLY NOT ABRAHAM!"

Hello Everybody!!! 

I am so happy today! I love everything that I have going on right now and I am learning a lot still and growing a lot. I think for a little while there I hit a little bit of mid mission coast and I feel like I am back to myself again laughing and having a lot of success and fun!


Sooo... Let's see this week we baptized the Betlyons! They are super awesome and I was honored to speak at their baptism and it was so cool to see Elder Roberts baptize the both of them!  Also, Sister Weiner (from the mission office) made a 2 and a half hour trip up from Bentonville just to show us support and be with us at the baptism!  She is the absolute best and we are bffs.  After, she took us and like 4 other sisters that came to our baptism to Zaxby's and you cant imagine what game was on the tv right above our head.  Yeah the Cougs!!!!  Tender mercy right there.  Let’s just say I was having a hard time focusing on the conversation.  Lol I saw my boi Jamal bust a huuuugggeee run to seal the win at the end of the 4th!  That is what I am talking about hahaha so that was just an awesome day!

The Betlyons at their Baptisms!
Mikey with his BFF Sister Weiner.
I wonder if she's reminding him what an orange is haha???
At the Baptisms with the Sisters ;)
Tenderest of mercies!!!
Selfie at Zaxby's watching the game ;)
On Wednesday we held Zone Training and then went to Bentonville to do exchanges with the Assistants and both of those things went really, really well.  I have been nervous about all of this so I am glad that things have gone well.  We are trying to work the absolute hardest we ever have here in Springfield right now because the work has been down for a while.  The Betlyons were the first baptism in that ward in quite some time.  President challenged us to find like crazy and we have decided to give up our dinner appointments and just eat quick meals in the day and really hit the streets hard. This week while teaching a man at the door we were sharing that white board thing that Elder Nau taught me and that is now mission famous, but we were teaching a man about the need for modern day prophets and Elder Roberts asked him why would it be important to follow these prophets in their day? (adam, noah, moses, abraham) the man replied with my subject line "wellllllllll, I think I would wanna follow Noah, but probably not Abraham" that one was tough to tie together... haha 
 
With his good old buddy from Bingham, Elder Degooyer, at MLC.
Lets see, the members out here are awesome and they are bringing their friends to things and really helping with the work which is super encouraging. 

We met this super cool girl named Bri this past week and she is really loving the gospel already.  She has Mormon friends that she really looks up to.  She has been reading the Book of mormon and we are going over tomorrow night with Brother Miyaki to teach her and her husband Cole.

Man there is so much going on and this is getting so long haha but I had some very special sacred experiences this week that are comparable to stories in the Bible and Book of Mormon that were huge testimony builders and answers to my fasting and prayers!  I have a huge testimony of fasting and priesthood blessings after this week!

Anywho there is so much to say but I will leave it at that! Thank you for all your prayers I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!!


Elder Green