Monday, October 31, 2016

WEEK 5 SPRINGFIELD (WEEK 62 OF MISSION)

Hello family and friends!!! 

Happy Halloweeeeeeeen!!!!!!

Well this week was super eventful and I am very excited about some things that we have going on right now!

First cool thing is Ann and Geanie's baptisms are this Saturday!!!  The whole ward is excited and everybody just loves them and they are awesome!  Their whole family came to the ward Halloween party there were like 10 of their family members there!  Then they came to church and invited us over for their Sunday family dinner!!!!  They are so sweet they are always saying, "Y’all are family." haha  Their baptism on Saturday should be very awesome!

We went to the temple this Friday!!!  We went to St Louis, (Colton I was thinking bout your Cardinals the whole time) haha but the St. Louis temple was a ton of fun!  It was so good to be in the house of the Lord and to ponder and pray about some questions I had! It was a lot of driving though haha. 
The House of the Lord.


Mikey with former comps, Durrant and Hess.


Me impressing a crowd with my bubble blowing talent. (All respect goes to the master bubble blower JMatty) but there is a bubble in this pic!
Perfect Form!
One sad thing was this week while teaching Ann and Geanie they wanted a flier and we had left it in the car and so I ran outside and when I was running I was kinda like bounding haha and I stepped on a pile of leaves that had a hidden little pothole in the front of the yard and my ankle got absolutely destroyed haha.  I just had to bite my tongue and limp in with the flyer haha.  We finished our awesome lesson with them about the commandments and then I told Elder Roberts haha.  I am recovering though I just can’t seem to heal that dumb ankle haha. 

We are doing really good though and we are loving teaching some other people that are progressing and making steps of faith like Kenny Hugo, Ginger, etc.  Also the Betlyons who were baptized this transfer are just awesome and they are preparing to go to the temple and Jess got called to be the Relief Society Secretary! 

But yeah it was a good week we are starting a couple new things in both wards to hopefully keep the work progressing!!!

I have been thinking a lot about honesty and realizing how dishonest I have been throughout my life and I am changing a lot to just not let myself slip up and tell lies or half truths or anything! One of the things that inspired me to do this was this scripture: 

Alma 5: 17 “Or do ye imagine to yourselves that ye can lie unto the lord in that day and say- Lord, our works have been righteous works upon the face of the earth-and that he will save you?"

I hope you all will strive to be more honest and to have integrity. "Tell me what you think about when you are all alone and I will tell you what kind of man you are." -I cant remember 

haha have a great week I love you all!!! 


Thanks for the Halloween Love!