Wednesday, April 26, 2017

WEEK 6 ROGERS (WEEK 87 OF MISSION)

HELLO!  How are you doing? 

So this week was transfer week which meant a whole bunch of office work for me and Elder Henderson but that is okay it was still a lot of fun and we still got to teach in the evenings.  It was pretty complicated figuring out the transfer loop and everything.
 
Oh us??? Nothing much just chilling in islanders' homes.  WBU?
The District.
Well anyway a couple of cool updates.  Mely is doing awesome and she is leading the islanders as well as her family, and her son and daughter-in-law have really started taking the gospel seriously and I see great things in their future. 
 
Carl :)
The Squad.  Castie, George, Carl, Mile, Nev and Elder Henderson.
Carl's Haircut.
Carl is going to be baptized this Saturday!!!  So awesome.  He is going to be baptized by one of his good friends in the ward that recently came back to church his name is Dusty and his family is one of my favorite families and they are one of the coolest stories.  Long story short their family consists of a single dad with 9 kids all within the ages of 1-18 and they all have decided to come back to church and they are just awesome.  Carl is leading all of his Marshallese friends and has one of the most sincere hearts I have seen my whole mission and he is only 15 but he is determined to be at church every Sunday and mutual every Wednesday and to also make sure his friends are all going.  Most of his friends were baptized in the Marshall Islands and haven’t been to church since they have come to America.

Also I got to be with Elder Roberts this week as well as Elder Degooyer.  I love them both and it was so good to be with them!!!  They are both such leaders and good examples to me I am grateful for them both.
Mikey and Morgan DeGooyer his buddy from BHS football.
Look at this guy in my car.
Look at this guy in my apartment.
Mikey and his old comp Elder Roberts.
Bittersweet news, Elder Henderson will be transferred to Branson and Elder Leavitt will be coming in to take his place.  Elder Leavitt is one of my closest friends in the mission and I am so excited to be with him.  Elder Henderson will be missed.
 
New Comp Elder Leavitt, Degooyer, Henderson and Mikey.
I have been reading the Book of Mormon a lot and a quick thing that I learned this week was that in all our life what matters is our intent.  Having full purpose of heart or real intent will unlock the powers of heaven.  I really like a scripture from Jacob: "But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God.  And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches if ye seek them.  And ye will seek them for the intent to do good.  To clothe the naked and to feed the hungry and to liberate the captive."

Insert whatever you desire into that scripture and then see if it is taking place of your seeking the kingdom of God and realign your will with Heavenly Father's.

Love you all,
Elder Green
Healing Process!