Monday, September 14, 2015

WEEK 1 BELLA VISTA, ARKANSAS (WEEK 3 0F MISSION)

HEYYYYY everybody!!!!

I made it safely eventually to Arkansas after a lot of flight delays etc... but my first area that I have been serving in is called Bella Vista it is in Arkansas and super close to Bentontville. Specifically where I am is a zone called Pea Ridge and Metfield. It has been really good and also really weird. I will tell you guys some quick stories from the week.

So when I first got to the mission home my anxiety was quite high as you can imagine. There were 30 new missionaries there and we weren't sure where we were going or who our trainer would be and I was super stressed and worried that I would hate it out here. The people are all country and have accents and everybody was loud and talking and I was just stressin. So I sat down in a room where I could find some peace and said a prayer to help me feel comfort. In that moment I got the answer instantly that it would be okay and my companion was meant to train me and it was all okay. Right then President Loveland grabbed me for my interview and he was super loving and just made sure I was okay and then told me that my trainer would be Elder Hess!!! So much relief came over me as I knew that he and I would get along so well. He is from Bountiful Utah and is super sweet and he and I would be close friends even if we weren't companions. I know Heavenly Father is in our day to day lives and cares about our stresses and worries.

Mikey and his Comp/Trainer, Elder Hess
Now a short description of where I am. It is freaking the craziest amount of trees you've ever seen and super humid and there’s no such thing as a neighborhood. 
The road leading to Mikey's "dope crib!"
The people here are super cool but also super mean haha door knocking was rough this week. Unfortunately a lot of people here are really old and have lived in their own little house in the woods and don't really appreciate us coming to their doors. But here’s a little story about Saturday that I had. We went to the town famous Squirrel Cook-off in downtown Bentonville. haha and yes... I ate Squirrel hahahhahaha it was okay except for the fact that it was like chewy and I couldn't get like the picture of Chip and Dale out of my mind as I chewed haha but so yes I have already tried roadkill.
Mikey and his ZL, Elder Wilcox, about to dive into some squirrel!
Our house is super ghetto and really quite gross haha there is like a film of spiderwebs and dust like everywhere haha we don't walk around without shoes on and nobody out here can drink the water!!!!!! haha don't do it! It is gross and will make you sick so we have to have bottles of water for everything hahah like brushing your teeth like everything haha but the crib is still dope hahah I will send pics haha but overall It is awesome and I love it haha. Hope everything is good for you guys here is my new address:
67 Westbury Drive
Bella Vista AR 72714
I guess this is a couch made out of two mattresses, oh my!

I can't even tell you how badly I want to
sterilize this sink right now!!!

Mikey's Home Sweet Home