Tuesday, September 8, 2015

WEEK 2 SMOOTH CHILLIN IN THE MTC

Hello my dear friends and family I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all the help you all have given in preparing me for my mission. I had another really good week and leave for arkansas tomorrow morning at like 7 AM haha 

Spiritual experience from this week, as I was sitting in this computer lab earlier I was doing all these different learning assessments and it had been one of the longest and hardest working days ever haha. As I sat there a girl came running in and said Tanner Mangum threw a hail mary and BYU won. You might have expected me to jump around, and that is what I felt like I should do. However, as I sat there tears filled my eyes and I was overwhelmed with a feeling of sadness and homesickness. This is how the devil works. In this moment my companion for no reason at all just hugged me and it was super different but I know he felt inspired to do it, and like I dont even know how but he knew. He said to me, "Hey elder its okay you’re doing the right thing and it will all be okay and for the best." I love my companion he knew to comfort me in just the right time and I know it’s from all your prayers. Thank you so much.

After a another long day me and my companion sleep-walked into this meeting last tuesday night haha we sat in the very back and were fighting the droopy eyelids haha and then some guy walked up and said hey you two come with me. So we stood up and walked with him right to the front row and then an apostle walked right through the doors haha it was so sweet.  It was Dallin H. Oaks who spoke to us!

Another spiritual experience was me and my companion got one of our TRCs (actor investigators) to commit to baptism this week and it was the weirdest thing to get so happy over something so fake haha. I am so excited to have that real experience in the field even though they might be few and far between I am still so excited!

I cant wait to have a killer time in Arkansas, I love you all have an awesome week.


Elder green