Monday, September 21, 2015

WEEK 2 BELLA VISTA, ARKANSAS (WEEK 4 OF MISSION)

WASSSSUPPP friends and fam back home!!!!!
I hope you guys are all doing awesome back in the 801!
Groupie Selfie back at Provo Temple
Some funny stuff first that happened this week. One night me and Elder Hess were working super hard and had a late baptism and everything so we never got a chance to even eat. So a member got us a pizza and we drove back to the place to grub before bed. So the pizza was too cold and we wanted some good food and so we thought we would just throw the pizza and breadsticks in the oven real quick. Elder Hess threw it in and we both went back to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I had a weird impression to go and check on the pizza. I walked out to a flame coming through the oven hahaha. I started yelling elder hess!!! elder hess!!! He came running out all startled and started freaking out too. He then cracked open the oven a little and I heroically threw a bucket of water in and dowsed the flame!!!!! haha We didn’t salvage much pizza from the fire and our house has smelt like smoke the entire week haha it has sucked. hahaha

Now a cool spiritual experience. 

So first we have this man named Marty who has a baptismal date for October 7th. His job has been making him travel a lot and we hadn’t been able to see him in forever. However, last night we got a text from him asking for us to come meet up with him at his place. So we sped up there both pretty pumped to get this guy baptized here soon. When we got there he was being so cool and I love him so much. However, he was really not sure about baptism as we got talking. As soon as he said that a scripture I had been studying popped into my head and so I just asked if we could all read it "Alma 32:21" As I read it and explained that we all are imperfect and none of us know this gospel completely anyways, so if he will just be proactive and act on his faith God will bless him. I didnt really expect or pre-meditate to say any of those things and I know they were exactly what I needed and now Marty is sticking to his date and I hope we can continue to get him feeling of God’s love. 

I love all the people we teach, the faith of the saints out here is so strong and we have a lot of investigators and stay super busy. Which is good Heavenly Father knows me and knows my weaknesses and I am becoming so much stronger and love it here!

I love you guys and I love my companion, it’s all good out here in the 479.   
Study Time at Bella Vista.
Rocking the Destroit Lions shirt Parker sent him
while on his mission in Michigan!