Monday, April 18, 2016

WEEK 14 TULSA (WEEK 34 OF MISSION)

Mingo Valley Monstarz
friends and families back home what is goinnnggg on??? 
 
The District
Another beautiful week out here in the city of Tulsa!!!! This week was super good and awesome. The highlight would have to be getting to see Brian be baptized on Friday night! I don’t know if I have ever met a better guy than Brian. haha  When one of your investigators can quote several general conference talks after investigating the church for a month you know you are blessed haha. It is extremely humbling to see people change there lives and see how quickly the spirit works. haha on Sunday during sacrament Brian wasn’t there to receive the Holy Ghost and we were sooo worried and then like 20 minutes into sacrament he walked in and the Bishop stood right up and we gave him the Holy Ghost haha it was kind of funny. Church Humor (so not actually funny but funny because I am a missionary and so I thought it was funny) Annnnnnnyyywayyys Brian is awesome he is already looking towards the temple. We just need him to marry his girlfriend Jordyn already, haha she is awesome too I got to meet her at his baptism!!!
 
Elder Nau, Brian, and Mikey
"Action Shot"
Out here in what some might call "the bible belt" we have to deal with a whole lot of hatred and people that really want to tear us down. This past week we had several rather bad experiences with these people. Dealing with this has really led me to appreciate my savior Jesus Christ. Whenever my heart feels burdened with the weight of these hateful peoples’ words I often think of the Savior with the Pharisees or all the events leading to the atonement and crucifixion. I hope to be able to bear my burdens with somewhat of a resemblance of how are Savior bore his and all of ours. My thoughts quickly turn to what the lord told the young prophet Joseph in liberty jail when he asked how long his afflictions would last. The lord replies, the son of man hath descended lower than all, art thou greater than he? The previous verse is the one that brings comfort D&C 122:7, I know that all the things I go through are for my experience and the lord will consecrate them for my benefit and gain. The words of Elder Holland have been stuck in my head all week long, when talking about missionary work in comparison to the atonement, "why should it be easy for you, when it was never easy for him?" I love that. I have seen so many of you, my best example being my mom, as she was bearing the burden and grief of losing her parents and the Christlike way in which she handled that. Or the strength of my older brother and dad in their missionary service as examples to me that with the Lord we can get through all hard things. So before we turn our backs on the Lord in our trials remember that he had it rougher than all of us, so look to him and he will heal you. 

Thank you all for your examples to me throughout my life. I want to be more like my Savior! If you are having a hard time right now with feeling not good enough for the standards God has set go listen to Elder Holland’s concluding talk of this past April General Conference Sunday evening session. He will word it a lot better than me. I know that we are all good enough for God's grace. It is sufficient for us all. My prayer is we all strive to help ourselves and others all use the atonement more in our lives! Sorry for this sermon haha "brevity is the soul of wit", so I guess I have some work to do still haha love you all

Elder greeeennnnnn