Monday, April 25, 2016

WEEK 15 TULSA (WEEK 35 OF MISSION)

GRINGO VALLEY

Fam and Friends!!!!!! Hi!!! hope all is well with all ya’ll back home.
Young Women's Personal Progress Project Dinner
Getting spoiled taking home a ton of leftovers!!!
Your usual week full of miracles... I will start with the highlight and main event. Soooo, Freddy was scheduled to be baptized on this Saturday and we had a meeting set up for Friday night.  I was on an exchange Friday night so me and Elder Ashby pulled up to the Freddy's home planning on having an awesome lesson and getting everybody super excited about the baptism.  When we got there though, Freddy was called in to work and grandma Joanne sat down with us and told us that Mikey (Freddy’s dad) was not doing very well. Mikey and Freddy were both shot outside of a gym a couple months ago and Mikey was shot 4 times in the waist and he is still feeling the affects. I was afraid that Mikey would not be able to make it to the baptism because he couldn’t walk on Friday night. So we knelt in the their home and gave a prayer and asked for a blessing on Mikey. Saturday came around and here comes Mikey walking with Freddy into the church. I was so grateful for my Father in Heaven and I know miracles have not stopped. The heavens are still open to us today. Mikey baptized Freddy and it was so awesome! I was so happy for them. The next day on Sunday Mikey was in the hospital and couldn’t be there for Freddy's confirmation. I just thought it was super cool that the Lord blessed Mikey with the strength to baptize his son. So awesome!!!

Earlier that same day me and Elder Ashby were walking away from an appointment that cancelled on us. We got to the car and Elder Ashby said, hey that lady back there smiled at me when we walked by lets go talk to her. So we went back with a Book of Mormon. When we got there the lady smiled and I started my spiel. A confused look came over her face and I thought to myself oh no she hates us, hahaha. Then she said it, "No habla English.” hahahaha I had no idea how to reply... then it happened. Somehow me and Elder Ashby both only having minor Spanish classes in high school started communicating with her. And For no reason at all I remembered a Spanish Book of Mormon wedged in the back window of the car. I ran and grabbed it thinking I better run or else this random Spanish I can remember right now will escape my mind haha.  So I came running back and we read the introduction with her and she really loved it and we set up an appointment for the Spanish elders to come back. Me and Elder Ashby both walked away laughing and chest bumping, it was sooo cool haha Elder Ashby especially. He did a lot of the talking and it was amazing. I was thinking about the scripture in D&C and the promise from the Lord to give us in the very hour what we should say. I know that is true especially after my spiritual witness I had this past week.

Lately I have been studying the Bible and Christ-like attributes. My favorite is Charity. I plead for charity every morning before I start my day. I do not have this characteristic yet but I really want to. I have noticed all of my favorite people in this world are people that care about others more than themselves. There was a quote I think Elder Nau told me this week and it was something like, "If you’re only looking for yourself you will most likely never find you. You have to lose yourself before you can truly find yourself."  I love that so much! I was extremely worried about changing on my mission into a different person and tried to fight it. How dumb was I haha. I needed to just realize that if I can lose myself in the people out here and learn charity, I will end up finding the person the Lord truly wants me to be somewhere down the line. I pray we can all lose ourselves helping others. The Savior always looked outward when the natural man looks inward. I love the examples I have in my parents of charity and also my grandparents, siblings, friends, etc... I love you all. Thank you for always helping me. I have gained such a larger appreciation for the people I had in my life now that I don’t have them hahaha!  I love you all.

ps thank you Grandma and Grandpa Green!!! I loved your letter this week.  I love and miss you guys!  And mama I loved the picture of Grandpa Reynolds on the planner covers!!! I have two sets of awesome grandparents. I am blessed to have two on earth to look out for me and two in spirit paradise to walk with me on my mission <3 love you all!
The Planner Cover he is talking about ;)
Elder Green

(Meek)^2