Monday, May 2, 2016

WEEK 16 TULSA (WEEK 36 OF MISSION)

Tornado in Tulsa???

Hey there fellow friends and fam!

Another good week out here in T-Townnnnnn!!! 

First things first. Everybody is safe and okay from the tornado. I don't believe even one person was killed or injured in it! It was super weird to be in my first one. haha I was on an exchange that day with Elder Christensen, my district leader, and me and him are good friends and we were having a good ole time watching the weather and we were laughing because all day everybody was saying, “OH THE TORNADO WILL BE CRAZY...” and seriously it was the most mild weather day ever, so we were outside laughing and making fun of everybody...when it hit lol  The wind picked up in about .2 seconds and it started pouring.  The zone leaders called and told us to go pick up Mingo Valley, (Elder Nau and Elder Ashby) haha because they were on bikes so we sped down in the craziest wind and rain storm, picked them up and then got to the stake center to take shelter until the storm passed. It was way weird to be out past 10:30 haha but it all calmed down. The tornado was the closest its ever been to hitting Mingo Valley is what all the locals were saying.  They’ve never seen one so close to home... 
Mikey and Elder Christensen all prepped and ready for the tornado!
Taking cover at the Stake Center during tornado!
"Get behind me ladies I got this."
ANOTHER scare this week came Monday night after P-day.  We had received a call from our recent convert, Carmel, that she was going to go into surgery and needed a blessing. So Brother Cardenas picked us up and we headed to downtown to see her. When we got there she was asleep, so we shook her... no response. We asked the nurse to please come try... no response. We started to get a little worried. I have never seen somebody so asleep before. Finally her eyes opened. But things took a turn for the worse. She sat in her bed like paralyzed. I was holding her hand and Elder Nau was trying to get her to talk. She just had tears running down her face with no expression at all. One of the weirdest experiences of my life! The doctors rushed around doing every test you could imagine and she just sat there unresponsive. Finally, when there was a break in the rushing of doctors we went over and put our hands on her head and gave her a blessing. That night we didn’t get home until around 12AM. Yesterday, we saw Carmel, in her home, doing great. Haha it is so crazy the Lord has a plan for this woman I know it with all my heart haha. She had had a minor stroke and fell into a coma. What a blessing she had called us when she did because if not the doctors probably would have let her sleep through the night and never would have caught the stroke etc... I was very humbled by this experience.

Willow was baptized Saturday. It went awesome the spirit was so strong and we are very happy for her and her family!

Justin committed to be baptized on the 14th of May, and we are extremely excited for him. We found Justin one day after not one person had opened the door while we tracted. He was carrying some laundry, we said hi, and now he is going to be baptized! So awesome!

I have been studying a lot of the bible trying to build my knowledge to better answer the questions from the bible belt. I have received such a comforting and confirming witness that Christ loves us all, it doesn’t matter if you are Mormon, Catholic, Muslim, Baptist. Christ loves us and he wants us all to love him and follow him. I know that Christ has restored his power to the earth in these last days. I hope to bring the blessings that come with it to whoever I can. Love you all!!! 


Elder Greeeennnnnn  
Tornado Selfie.
Does he think that helmet will save his life or what???