Monday, May 30, 2016

WEEK 1 MENA (WEEK 40 0F MISSION)

FROM MINGO TO MENA
Goodbye Apt. 211.  Stay Sweet

Downtown Tulsa, "T Town"

Well hello their family and friends!!!

I made it safe to the land of Mena this week!!! It was hard to say goodbye to Mingo Valley but it is good to be in Mena and I am excited for the future. 

Mena is a smalllllllll town haha super small but our area is huuugggge we cover a large large piece of land so I am no longer biking haha. The Mena branch mainly consists of a family named the Davis family. They are an awesome family and are like famous here in Mena haha so our branch out here I think Elder Durrant was saying has a total of like 60 members. They are all such awesome members with great testimonies! I don’t think I have ever been anywhere close to as small a congregation as I was yesterday at church. Hopefully  Elder Durrant and I can work hard and contribute to growing the Mena branch!

Elder Durrant is such an awesome guy and I’m so glad to be with him. He is from Portland, Oregon and he just got done being trained so he has been out about three months and has spent all of his mission in Mena. 

In a small old town like Mena it can be hard when people are set in their ways and have been going to their church since the beginning of time and do not want to receive our message. Since the teaching pool has been down a little we worked really hard to bring that back up. With the small numbers in our branch it is hard because we can’t teach the members friends or get referrals just because there aren’t that many members. So we have to go out and tract. We tracted so much in just the first couple of days I've been here. We saw so many miracles as we knocked doors and prayed that the Lord would guide us to a street were somebody might let us in. After tracting all day yesterday, and not even getting in one door the Lord led us down a street to a row of houses where we ran into a lady who actually investigated the church before and is good friends with all the Davis' family and said she wants to get back into it and we could come back tomorrow!!! Pretty sweet!!! I know the Lord’s hand is in all our lives

I had an awesome chance to see a lot of my old friends this week which was super good. For instance, Elder Hess and I got to ride the transfer truck together for like 2 hours and I got to chat with Elder Gordon for a second. Also this past week the traveling Assistants to the President came to Mena!!! I never thought they would make it out this far but turns out we were their first stop. Both of the traveling Assistants, Elder Murdock and Elder Sorenson, are some of my best friends out here and they are both just awesome missionaries!!! I got to go and teach with both of them and learned a whole bunch and they gave me a lot of encouragement, which was so helpful. 



Last pic before goodbye.  Little Ashlynn, that they baptized, cried.

The Emmons Family

Saying goodbye to Harold W. Bailey the Third.
Well Anywho I am doing awesome and I am looking forward to see who the Lord has prepared in Mena and the joy I can have as I see some people come unto the Kingdom of God!!! 


Special shoutout to my main man C-Livi. Hit me with that package!!! Got it right before I left Tulsa so it was perfect! Been tooooo long since I have beat him in FIFA haha 
Awesome package from Colton!!!
 Also B day shout out to Mr. Tommy Green, AKA next SYTYCD winner, AKA next Vegas show, young boy tommy all grown about to be mobbing in the Jetta! Treat the Yetta well bud! Dont break it before I’m back like I did to PG32 haha Love you man!

Love Elder Banknote with dollar signBanknote with dollar signBanknote with dollar sign