Tuesday, May 17, 2016

WEEK 18 TULSA (WEEK 38 OF MISSION)

How to know you have been in an area a long time.......

hello friends and family!!!! What is up? 
Sister Perrien and her daughter giving Mikey
a new pair of shoes!
  Can't even believe their kindness and generosity!!!
They make Mikey and his shoes look huge!
Well so about my title. I want to give you a little scenario to let you all know how to know that you have been in an area for a long time. We went to see two of our investigators, Cody and Jessica. When we got there things were a little crazy and Jessica was not happy about some stuff that was going on etc... So we talked with them and tried to figure out what was going on and she was mad about Cody letting some people come into the house.  Right then, a homeless man walked out of the house... and said "Hey Elder Green, hey Elder Nau" hahaha we were like "Hi Richard"...  So yes when you start to know the names of all the homeless people in your town and then see them at your investigators’ house of all places... You know you've been in Tulsa a while hahaha! 

Man this week was another awesome one though where we saw a lot of miracles. After the area being on fire a little bit the last couple weeks things had seemed to slow down and so we have been fighting things a little bit trying to get new investigators and trying to rebuild the teaching here a little again. However, I have learned something about never giving up on somebody. We teach this man named John, who is in his 60's, and is just an awesome guy. He has been taught by the missionaries for over a year now I think and has had a hard time because he reads and prays and he doesn’t feel anything. (I have had the same thoughts and feelings at times) and at the same time John kind of knows the church is true. Like he knows it is he just doesn’t want to say it haha. This week on Wednesday, Brother Cardenas, (Ward Mission Leader) came with us and it was such an awesome lesson. So awesome we invited him to be baptized this next Saturday. He smiled and said yes, or he would think about it. Haha we were not having any of that though. So we asked him to come to church on Sunday fasting and we would be fasting with him to receive his answer. Yesterday was probably the most spiritual Sacrament Meeting I have had on my mission and also the best lessons that seemed to be perfectly tailored to John's concerns and needs. During the Sunday school lesson the members were just perfectly on point with their comments and teaching and the spirit was strong. I was watching John at one point and saw a tear run down his cheek and I could tell the spirit had touched him. As for me, the spirit doesn’t normally come in a strong manifestation of this burning inside. For me it is usually clarity of mind to just have things make sense and be calm. I hope John had this feeling and I can’t wait to see him on Tuesday and set up for Saturday!!!!
Mikey and Baby Jayla
Crawling into 1,000 degree attic to help move all the boxes out!
About half of the boxes they carried down from the attic.
Mikey still loves Spiderman!

I love you all! I have been studying faith and that is what we talked about in Sunday school. I have learned that faith is the all-encompassing testimony builder. Nobody starts out with a perfect knowledge of God. As we hope that God is there and loves us it inspires us to act. That is what faith is. By acting God will bless us and we see results and our faith will confirm our unseen hopes. The Lord has blessed us with ordinances to help us to feel of this power strongly and to further progress ever closer to him. If you have doubts, that is awesome. We should have doubts and questions, if we all had a perfect knowledge the earth would serve no purpose. Do not let doubts discourage you, let your doubts and questions move you forward as you learn of true doctrine through the Holy Ghost. We can only have faith in things that are true, therefore our faith, or our rock as Helaman says, should be on Christ who is a sure foundation. I hope to be able to build my foundation as strong as I can for the rest of my life to where I become unshaken and I hope to be able to endure all things as Joseph said in the Articles of Faith. I love you all have a great week. Be good believers, do good to fellowmen!!!

Elder GREEN 

Oh my and how could I be ungrateful to not thank Sister Pierren so much for getting me a new pair of shoes!!! What an answer to my prayers and comfort to know that Heavenly Father is looking out for me through the awesome members out here in Mingo Valley!!! I was getting a little sick of having wet socks cuz of all the holes in the old hooves I had haha love you all 
Tulsa's "Sacred Grove."