Monday, May 9, 2016

WEEK 17 TULSA (WEEK 37 OF MISSION)

Mother's Day Madness

HIII EVERYONE!!!! I love you all

Mannn it was so good to get to see all of you yesterday and get to say hi!!!! Seeing the extended fam and Grandma and Grandpa was such a blessing as well! So thank you Scottie for setting that up and I got to see baby Hazel!!! That was so awesome haha I love you guys and miss you!!! 
 
There's nothing like getting to see your missionary smile and laugh!

Mikey and Elder Nau 

This was a little bit of a more challenging week. I felt as if I was in a little bit of a lull after being in Mingo Valley for so long now with Elder Nau and it can be discouraging to teach these same people and have them not ever end up showing up to church or anything. I think we just need to re-evaluate who we are going to go see and I need to be a lot better at finding people to teach.

We saw some awesome miracles still this week though. One of them was our new investigator Danielle. She stopped some missionaries and said she needed some prayer in her life. She is probably in her late 20's early 30's and she has two kids one of them is 8 and the other is a newborn. Her story is pretty sad and has left her wondering about spiritual things quite a bit. Her fiance' passed away a couple of years ago right before their marriage and she is struggling to find purpose and comfort with life. It was so awesome to show her scriptures from the Book of Mormon that just brought her so much peace. My favorite chapter from Preach my Gospel and my favorite thing to teach people out here is the section "The Book of Mormon Answers Questions of the Soul." It is so true. God didn't leave us to just wander around this planet with no instructions. The scriptures are literally all the answers. The hard part is just that they weren't written topically haha also that is a blessing though because it inspires us to have to search!!! Danielle is awesome and she already has made an awesome friend in one of our awesome members, Sister Oakley!!! We are excited for her future and I think she has really been prepared to join the church.

I was reviewing one of my all time favorite talks this week from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf entitled, "In Praise of Those Who Save." I love this talk so much and I have been trying to apply the teachings into my life. Often times as a missionary it is easy to get into like a negative mode and then pretty soon you realize how much you hate this and that about missionary work. This is all just because of your mindset though. Hence the scripture "seek and ye shall find." So in all the situations I face I am trying to apply President Uchtdorf's teaching of "pull out the weeds and plant the garden." I hope to be able to feed and nourish the happy parts of my life and seek for the good qualities in others always. Rather than looking at other people and what bugs you about them, why not look at them and see all the things that you love about them. Whatever you are looking for you will find. :) 

That talk was given to the priesthood about saving marriages, and saving families. I am so grateful for the family that I was given on this earth. I loved talking to them so much yesterday! Especially for my Mama! I love you Mama. Thank you for raising me and teaching me the gospel and so many things that I never even realized. Thank you for all the hours at the gym and ballparks :)  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Thank you to all you mothers everywhere. Me and all my friends have such awesome moms and I am very grateful for Jackie, and Dana, Lori, Valerie, Sherrie, Jodi, etc... I could go on and on about how many awesome people I have in my life that I am so grateful for.  Especially my mama who gave me such awesome opportunities in this world by her own hard work and faith and all the amazing characteristics she exemplifies. My mama having raised three boys loves the story about the stripling warriors. She has her own little army of helaman in her home haha sometimes more like a bunch of Laman and Lemuels haha but I know that me and my brothers do not doubt that our mother knew it!  I just love my family they are so awesome and I love my awesome friends/adopted family that I got to say hi to yesterday! I just love you all haha 
 
 
Mikey with his arm around me haha
Elder Green

remember Jacob 6:12 - from Parker Green 
“O be wise; what can I say more?”