Tuesday, June 14, 2016

WEEK 3 MENA (WEEK 42 OF MISSION)

Wild Wild Week

FAM AND FRIENDS WHATS UP?

Man Elder Durrant and I had a very, very busy week this week that went something like this: 
Road Trippin all weeeeeeeekkkk!
Tuesday: Drive an hour and a half to Sallisaw to work with the Sallisaw elders, sleep in Fort Smith apartments that night. 
Wednesday: Drive an hour and a half with Elder Gehring back to Mena for him to interview the Lowry kids for baptism, then drive an hour and a half back to Fort smith and work there the rest of the day.  Sleep in Fort Smith.
Thursday: Drive the hour and a half drive to Bentonville for Zone Conference, see all my old friends and get awesome instruction from President and Sister Loveland, then after that traffic and construction is too bad to start the drive back to Mena so I go with my old companion Elder Lopez back to my old area of Metfield and work there for a while. Then Elder Durrant and I make the 3+ hours drive back to Mena and get home late on Thursday.
Friday: Work in Mena
Saturday: Mena 
Sunday: Mena 
Double Selfie Game
Elder Hewett from the Tulsa Zone Days

The Squad!Mikey reunited with his good friend from home, Elder Degooyer.
Back with Elder Kealer from the MTC
Elder Strobel
Getting to see my Main Man, George Curry!
haha It was a crazy time though running around everywhere! A quick update on the investigators, The Lowry boys would have been baptized this last Saturday but their grandpa actually passed away, super sad and they will now be baptized this Saturday when their mom is back from Kansas, but they are awesome and are the smartest kids ever and they understand the gospel extremely well.

It was a little frustrating this week to be gone so much because I just want to be working in Mena all the time haha but it was still a very good week this week just teaching people everywhere around Arkansas! 

We had an awesome lesson on Saturday with a man named Donny that will be baptized soon. Last Sunday I felt inspired to get up and bear my testimony on the love that God has for his children. I feel this a lot throughout my day to day proselyting and I felt like I should tell the story about John, from Tulsa and how I saw the mighty change of heart in him and how even though his wife had died that he still came to an understanding that God loves him. Donny said that his wife had passed away and that that is exactly how he felt, and that he knows our church is true he just is mad at God. I can’t imagine losing somebody after being with them for 20+ years, I haven’t even lived that long, but I feel how much God loves Donny and our knowledge of temple ordinances and the plan of salvation that Heavenly Father has prepared for all of his children that we shared with Donny really touched his heart and I am so excited for him to see all these blessings

On a funnier note/really not so funny, but anyway Elder Durrant and I are getting wrecked by the bugs out here. haha I am literally itchy everywhere and we have been asking everybody how to deal with it and they all tell us different methods that have been super helpful but when it comes down to it it’s more like a just deal with it sort of thing haha which I am going to have to get used to haha but I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!!
"Da Crib"
Note the random stuff everywhere haha
and what's with the guitar???
Mikey is still cutting everyone's hair!
This is his former companion, Hess Daddy.
Also thank you to the Shumways for the package this past week it was soooo awesome and I am wearing one of the shirts right now!

Also Rick (Brother Davis) came by my house this week haha I haven’t heard the end of it since!!! But that reminded me of when Parker's ward mission leader came by our house haha, weird that I am on the other side of things now! 
Brother Rick Davis, Branch Mission Leader.
Also congrats to those that have received their mission calls back home like Mikey Henderson and Hayden Brown! #ParkwayStake hahaha

LOVE YOU GUYS
LOVE YOU MAMA


Elder GREEENNNN