Monday, June 20, 2016

WEEK 4 MENA (WEEK 43 OF MISSION)

However, I will put some Lowry salt on these burgers...LOWRY (the trew crew will understand)

HELLO EARTHLINGS!!!!
The picture Rosie Davis sent me (Emily).
Elder Durrant channeling his inner Arkansan!
What a week what a week man oh man! First things first since I had no idea it was Fathers day until yesterday morning I would like to wish a big ole happy fathers day to my old man!!! Love you Dadio! Hope you had fun with Park out there in Michigan and hey maybe one day me and you can come stay in Mena haha. One of my favorite memories of my dad was this one time my mom was really upset about something and I can’t remember what but in hindsight it wasn’t a big deal. For instance, I think something got spilled on the carpet and she was really mad and I was arguing with my mom about how she shouldn’t be so upset. My dad pulled me aside and was like "Mikey it doesn't matter okay? Just help your mother. I know she shouldn’t be upset but it doesn't matter just go help." He said this with like these wide eyes that I could tell he had developed from past experiences. My dad is so awesome with his willingness to do that though. To just help. I can’t tell you the amount of times I have seen my dad do things that I am sure he didn’t like but did them just for us as a family to have fun! I love you Tim! (inside joke)    

This week was an awesome one!!!!!! Tuesday we drove all the way to OKC haha they kinda overstocked the one van that we drove in and I got stuck with the seat on the ground pinched between the door and seats haha.  It was okay though we all had fun with it. The 4-hour drive was a little long though. In the end it was worth it for the sight I got to experience as I saw the temple for the first time in 9 months now!!!! It was so good to be back! There isn’t a temple in our mission and so it is rare to get to go as a whole mission. I was so grateful President let us go. After growing up with what felt like 50 temples within 5 minutes it is weird to never see them anymore. It was so cool to get to participate in the ordinances in the temple I have missed it so much! Super cool though.
 
The ride was like.....
A sight for sore eyes!


Next big item from the week was that the Lowry boys got baptized! I baptized Cole and Elder Durrant baptized Noah! The Lowry family has got to be one of the coolest families I have met on my mission. Just to see the foundation the gospel has given them and how awesome they just soak it all in and apply it to their situation is so sweet!!! 
 
The Squad before the baptisms.
Mikey's best friend, Baby Memphis.
I have been reading out of Jesus the Christ a lot lately and I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven and want to thank him as well on this Father’s Day for giving us his son! I love the plan that Heavenly Father has given us, its so essential for us to understand why our father sent us to earth. We had an awesome lesson with our investigators Sunday at church taught by Brother Davis about how we need to know the plan of salvation! Well I am just rambling on!!! Have a good week everybody! I am doing great still!

Me and Elder Durrant have started to fight the bugs back, we have taken a slight lead! 
There were a couple Brown Recluse in the baptismal font!
Last night when I walked out of MCM with brother Davis I saw a certain something on the television that I just have to comment on. I saw THE KING knocking down some free throws to seal his rightful place on the throne of the NBA!  Congrats to my mentor and friend Lebron James. #LongLiveTheKing 

Also I hope you all are enjoying the summer I know I am! I mean it only got up to 114 last week... 

Love elder GREEN