Tuesday, July 12, 2016

WEEK 7 MENA (WEEK 46 OF MSSION)

Oh How Great it is to be a Father!!!
Mikey in his special shirt from Walmart haha
HELLO!!! Man what a week to remember. So transfer calls came in and sadly Elder Durrant had to leave me and go to Bentonville... and Elder Green got his first greenie and is now training Elder Doman! In the mission field everybody jokes that when you train somebody they are your son and I am very grateful that I have my first son out here in the field haha and yes Elder Doman is related to the great Brandon Doman. Brandon is his uncle. I cordially thanked him for his uncle’s diving efforts in beating the filthy Utes back in the day! hahaha anyways things are good! 
 
Mikey's Son, Elder Doman, with "Hess Daddy" and Mikey
So Durrant left and I feel terrible for Durrant because right as he left it seems all of our grind started to pay off. As soon as Doman got in here things have just been rolling. We have been finding people to teach and people have been agreeing to baptism.  We have been busy and have been teaching a whole lot of lessons and it has just been great! Doman is an awesome missionary and he is adjusting very quickly and I am taking oh so excellent care of him.
 
Time to get serious!
Durrant and Mikey at good old Denny's
Saying goodbye to the District.
Missionary Selfies
A miracle from this week was when we were driving around trying to pick up investigators for church and they weren’t coming out we saw this nice looking girl just standing outside and we were with Rick (Brother Davis) and she waved to us haha so we scrrreeech to a stop and turn around to go say hi. We taught her later that day and turns out her dad is Mormon and there is a long line of LDS faith in her family and she has been looking for a church lately!!!!
 
A snake they killed!
Things are going great we are hopeful to have a lot of people enter into the covenant of baptism this transfer and we have been seeing a whole bunch of miracles!!! It has been awesome!!!

I have been studying the Book of Mormon lately and have been in Nephi and I have been thinking lately a lot about how Nephi was so faithful and why I can't be like him. I often wonder if Nephi is only writing the miracles though. I feel that way about missionary work like a lot of times I will only write home about the awesome things that happen but not about the trials of my faith that come before the miracles. I think the scriptures are that way too a lot of the times. Anyways I love you all and hope you have a great week!!! 


Love Elder Green!!!