Monday, July 18, 2016

WEEK 8 MENA (WEEK 47 OF MISSION)

Mena Stays Up :)

HEY earthlings!!!!! Another great week!!!!

Man we had another great week!!! A whole bunch of stories to tell today!!!

First off what I am most stoked about is the progression of our dear friend Webb (Michael). He is doing so good he came to church and we had him all suited in our clothes so he had a shirt and tie and slacks and belt and shoes and everything haha. Nobody in the branch even knew he was an investigator and he loved church and it was so awesome to just see the smile on his face and everything! He and Jason are scheduled for baptism on July 30th and we could not be more excited about that!!!

Hmm this week we had the privilege of the Zone Leaders coming down to Mena which was super nice because it can get very lonely out here never seeing any missionaries or really members for that matter haha but that was awesome to have those guys down here! They are some of my really good friends too so I was loving that. The next day on Friday me and Elder Doman headed to Gore, Oklahoma to blitz the Gore area and that went really well and there was a talent show in their ward that night and so we did the classic fake cooking show with the people being your arms from behind you. AS MADE FAMOUS BY CAM SMITH AND PARKER ATKIN I would not ever want to steal any of their credit. I got it directly from them and it was hilarious when they did it and so shoutout to them for the awesome idea and I stole it and the Gore ward was loving it so thank you Cam and Big P’s army. 

We taught a whole bunch of people this week and it actually was a very eventful week. A lot of our investigators kind of fell off though this week. But Adam is doing well and Donny is still awesome and he drove us to Fort Smith haha. One of our investigators is such a nice guy he took us the hour and a half drive to our zone meeting!!!!

Well Lately I have been thinking a lot about loving the moment that I am in. I feel like a lot of times on my mission I catch myself thinking like, “oh if I can just get home then this or that will get better.” Or, “oh man this area just is no good and as soon as I am transferred things will be better,” and this and that and whatever. I feel like I am realizing that the grass will always be greener somewhere else. In the modern world I see this as almost a plague with social media and everything else it can almost seem as though everybody's lives are all better than ours. If we let ourselves get into that mindset the sad thing is is that everybody's lives will look better than ours and we will spend our whole lives endlessly chasing somebody else’s life or somebody else’s success or style when what Heavenly Father wants is for us to love the life we have! And love the people he gave you! I am grateful for the life that I have and the chances I have! I try to remember this quote when I get feeling sorry for myself "There’s no such thing as a life that’s better than yours." Anyway there is my two cents! 

I love you all hope everybody is doing well! Shoutout to one of my best friends and longest childhood friends, TJ on getting married to Stacy! Love you both and that is so awesome to hear TJ my man I love you thanks for being such a good role model and friend all my life! Also love you Mike and Dana and the whole crew!!!! 

Well this is pretty long haha love you guys!!! Later

Elder Green