Tuesday, July 5, 2016

WEEK 6 MENA (WEEK 45 OF MISSION)

Shout Out to the Forefathers!!!
Mikey and Elder Hess 4th of July
Super long alien worm that tried to make it's way into the crib to infect me and Durrant but we stopped that right in it's tracks!
Brotherly Love!  Hess, Durrant and Mikey on Pday.
More Haircuts by Mikey.
Doesn't this look like the WORST blanket to use as a cape, haha!!!
Well Well Well here we are again!!! haha another week in Mena!!!! 

Last week was a little rougher as you heard and this week we were on the grind!!! I think I learned a very valuable lesson last week and something that my main man Rick Davis was telling me was that missionary work is the absolute hardest work you will do in your life. You are trying to talk about a subject that nobody likes to talk about and have people change their lives. So if you aren’t involving the Lord of course you won’t be able to find people and of course you won’t see success. That is something I really have been trying to be better about is instead of just relying on myself and my own thinking of what we should be doing I need to pray more and ask our Father in Heaven. So Elder Durrant and I did that this week and things actually got better. Funny how that works.

This week we were knocking so many doors but making sure that we were praying first to know where we needed to be and we ended up finding something like 8 new people that wanted us to come back and that included one family as well! On Sunday we were set to have something like 12 investigators at church!

So we call and guess what? haha None of them want to come or they don’t pick up the phone etc. etc. haha So me and elder Durrant and Brother Davis all head out to the one person who actually did pick up and say that he might come and so we drive to this guy’s house and he had fallen back asleep since we called and woke him up haha. But he comes out and actually ends up coming to church haha. He woke up at 9:55 and was at chuch by 10 haha it was awesome but man Jason ended up loving church and we discussed baptism and he is going to work towards being baptized soon. He also told us to go see one of his friends and make sure that he comes to church.

While door knocking too we found this guy named Michael but he goes by Web hahaha which is a long story, but he told us that he wanted to come to church so we got his number and said we would call and then be there to pick him up on Sunday.  Well he didn’t pick up when we called but we swung by Web's house and he actually couldn’t come to church because he had to go to work at KFC and he actually just recently got out of prison and we had a good emotional talk with him. Later that day Web texted us and told us how he never expected us to actually come and try to pick him up for church and that nobody has ever cared enough to try to take him to church and it was just super cool to see how excited he was!

Tasha is doing pretty well and will be baptized, she just has a couple of steps to take before we can really get things moving for her and her daughter. 

We are still pushing hard haha I have started to keep track of the statistics of when I door knock because I want to record it so I can see myself improve in letting people feel the Savior’s love when I stand at their door. After praying about where we should go and who we should see this week was just a ton better and Elder Durrant is awesome at following the spirit and I am super lucky to have him as my comp!

I love you all happy 4th yesterday I had an awesome day!!! We got together as a zone and it was super fun!!! 

Congrats to Lori and Lee on the marriage love you guys and miss you! Also I realized I never shouted out Anna's birthday on here and can’t believe I spaced shouting her out! I miss all the Livingston/Messervy crew and Anna! 2nd family right there :)

Love you guys take care have a great week!

Love Elder GREEN