Monday, August 29, 2016

WEEK 14 MENA (WEEK 53 OF MISSION)

"One Year Older and Wiser Too.  Happy Year Mark to You" ;)

What a Goof Ball!
This is the inside of the awesome package
Shumways sent him ;)  
Well if it isn’t my family and friends not being missionaries. How are all of you? haha thank you for all the love and support!!

So, yes I hit my year mark and to be honest it feels really good haha just the thought that I actually did it feels super good and that I have enjoyed and endured it feels really good to me! Also it is weird to think that on this day next year I will be with all of you haha. Strange.
 
Some cake and a candle to celebrate!
Which treat to eat first???
Any who, this week was an absolute rollercoaster. The work is still going well but it is just soooo difficult to find people in this town. We don’t give up and we won’t ever give up but man oh man it is just hard to find somebody haha and this last week we actually found people!!! So I could not be happier about that!!! 

Sherry, who we have been teaching and working towards baptism, made it church again this Sunday and we will be going out to her place to do some service this week and also to teach her a lesson which I am hoping and praying goes well because she is at such a critical stage in her life right now!

Unfortunately Webb had a rougher week. He was kicked out of his house and forced to leave town to stay with a friend because he lost his job at Davis Brothers as well. We have been in contact with him and he still has his testimony but is really struggling and that has been hard to see.

Some other sad news was that I got a call on Saturday night from a random number and it was Carmel. My long lost best friend/convert from Tulsa. She had requested to President Loveland that she could have a conference call with me and Elder Nau. She recently has been told she only has weeks if not days to live and her dying wish was to talk to the missionaries that baptized her.  It was a tough night hearing that but so awesome to hear her testimony and joke around and laugh with her again.  I really miss my old Mingo Valley area and I was glad to have made an impact and built a love with somebody.  I hope that Carmel can just be at peace and feel good and healthy whether that is through a healing in this life or by passing to the next! She is such an awesome lady.

At church this Sunday one of my closest friends out here and somebody who has helped a lot named Brandon Sibbett gave his farewell and it was soooo awesome. Even though I hope Brandon doesn’t see this because I would hate for him to think that I like him... haha Brandon is a 19-year-old out here and he has got to be one of the funniest people I have ever met and we have such a good time when he comes on exchanges with us. So anyway, Brandon gave his farewell on Sunday and it was super cool, he is going to the Sydney Australia North Mission in a couple of weeks and he has an amazing story that I will have to tell you all at a later time.  But that was a very good spiritual experience. 

I have had so many spiritual experiences in the past year that are very special and sacred to me, many of which I choose not to share in casual settings or emails but after this past year I would just like to bear my testimony that God lives, his Son Jesus Christ broke the bands of sin and death so that we all may have some hope of happiness and redemption and exaltation. I have witnessed miracles and the greatest of those being the day to day change of peoples’ hearts as they draw closer to God and their Savior! I know it is true and I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve! I love you all!!!! :) 

Thank you so much to my awesome Mama for the package and all the love she always sends me as well as the rest of the Fam for the letters, and also Gma and Gpa for the letter.  I love you all.  Also thank you Shumways for the package and especially Aubs! I know that took a lot of time and effort and I am so grateful and feel of all your love and prayers!!!

Shoutout to my man Walbeck for hitting that year mark with me this week too!!! See you on the flippity flop my friend!!! 


Elder Green