Monday, August 1, 2016

WEEK 10 MENA (WEEK 49 0F MISSION)

Webb has Been Found!!!!!

(These are some pics I saw on the blog that the Mission President's wife keeps.)

Mikey and "The Ladies"
Didn't have names but I just thought it was so cute!
Zone Conference
DeGoooyer, Mikey, and Hess Daddy

Transfer Day
Man awesome news this week about our dear friend Michael "Webb."  After a lot of crazy searching for a long time he again has been found!!! He actually left his one friend’s house where there was a lot of smoking going on and he left to get away from it and we are going to go buy him all the stuff for the quit smoking workshop tonight and he is going to start and quit this week and get baptized the following Saturday and I am so stoked!!!! He is my dream contact on the mission and such a humble guy and he has changed my life a lot just from the process of how we found him. Which I actually will tell you about because I think it was pretty awesome! 

One day Elder Durrant and I were so discouraged after 100 straight doors (I actually do keep track of our tracting numbers) and after 100 doors nothing had come of it and we were feeling like their wasn’t 1 person in the 7000 in Mena that we could find and teach. We found ourselves sitting on this park bench just praying and wondering where to go next when we see a guy in the park and so we go and talk to him and he says to come over the next day. Well the next day we go over excited to teach this guy and so we knock and this guy’s brother opens the door and ends up cursing us out and kicking us off of his apartment step thing... Pretty down in the dumps we start walking to the next door. Well guess who was in the next door and came outside because he heard us get yelled at? Our dear friend Webb. My testimony is that God is in the struggle and the grind of our lives and is in all the little things. There aren’t any coincidences!

I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday about a parable of washing dishes and how much easier it is to just rinse them right when you're done rather than letting things sit and get sticky and hard to clean. I am so grateful for the chance the Lord gives us to clean ourselves every day and renew our covenants weekly with the sacrament!!!

I love you all hope you have an awesome week!!!! Shoutout to my Maiiiinn Man Jmatt on hitting the year mark this week!!! So grateful for all my friends I have! What a year it has been!

Love Elder Green